This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky driver pawnage

Today I am driving down a road between two corn fields and a few houses. It is wide rode to allow farm equipment to move around. The speed limit is only 35 MPH, no one actually does 35. We have highly populated roads what are narrower that are 45.

I was following a cop, who was going about 40. I drive a SUV with dark tinted windows in the back. I look in my rear-view and see one of those annoying assholes in the little Civics with a huge wing on the back, you know the "invincible" ones.

Well it had just started to rain and the little jerk tailgates me. The he flys by me at about 60 and tries to get in front of me, where the cop is. Seeing the cop he over corrects on the wet roads and spins out of control. He goes sailing across the road, skids into the corn field and several parts of his pwecious body kit go flying. The cop puts on his lights and as he sis getting out the little punk kid jumps out of his car, seeing the damage, screams, "my bro is going to f***ing kill me."

He didn't appear hurt but he couldn't have been a asshole at a better time.

Epic.

Glad he wasnt hurt, but thats what he gets.... I hate tailgaters....

Driving to Walmart just a lil while ago, there was a guy RIGHT on my ass....and no one else on the two lane road..he coulda moved but didnt. Then he started to weave, like seriously weave and swerve. Almost hit the wall and metal guards a few times.

When he switched lanes, I slowed to let him pass...then got his license plate and called the cops....

Im pretty sure he was drunk...he was scaring the shit out of me.

Comment

Freaking tailgaters. I was driving to my parent's place this one time, and a cab-over engine truck was so close to me in my minivan that I could see nothing but his grill in my rear view mirror, and at 65 mph, that's potentially lethal for me, not him. Stupid inconsiderate jerks, I don't even know what they're thinking. In this case, it wasn't even like I could have gone faster if I wanted to. I was in the slow lane of a three-lane highway and pretty much boxed in, as the next lane over was matched speed.

So, let's review. He can see over my car easily, can see that traffic is like that for quite a ways, and that my speed is the speed of traffic, full stop, but he just HAS to be less than one car length away from my rear bumper, because this might just save him time somehow.

Yes, let's endager the lives of not only ourselves, but anyone else on the road! Let's do whatever we want, because it's a free country, right? Nobody can tell us what to do! I can do anything, I can be anything, and nobody has the right to say otherwise!

So yes, I'm happy the little jerk got his brother's car smashed up, and I'm glad nobody got hurt. In fact, the only way I can conceive of a happier ending to this tale is if the little jerk got arrested or fined by the police officer who was right there. One less punk on the road is a good start. Even better if he learned a lesson and passed it on, but that's probably hoping for too much from such a self-absorbed fool.
      Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Comment

Yesterday I had a Commodore (hoon car of choice in some areas, prettied up or not) right on my tail on a small one-lane road, 60 km/h speed limit, which I was doing, as were the long line of cars in front of me. My windows aren't tinted and it was the middle of the day so there's no way the driver didn't see the car(s) in front of me. Anyway, he gets real close to my bumper. My sister, in the passenger seat, was worried. I just indicated where I wanted to turn and braked - suddenly but I didn't slam the pedal. The jerk almost hit me, and then couldn't go around cos he was so close to my bumper (there's a half-lane for bikes that's not quite wide enough to be a second car lane), so he had to wait. And then HE honked at ME!!!!
        Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
        Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
        <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I overtook a cop this morning.

Following a slow moving car I pulled out a little for a look, "oh, it's a cop ahead". That's why we're going so slow. Can't be seen to go anywhere near the speed limit when a cop's around, you know. So I stuck behind them till the passing lane, then passed them both.

No idea why the cop was going a few k' under the limit, but it really does peeve me off that other drivers seem to think a cop anywhere on the road means a mandated 10kph under the speed limit or else.

Know your speed peeps - if the conditions are clear, it's perfectly legal to do the limit.

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
            Yesterday I had a Commodore (hoon car of choice in some areas, prettied up or not) right on my tail
            Commonwhores tend to leave me alone, I think because I drive a Holden too (Barina). The ones that tend to tailgate me are the urban tractors (being driven by people who seem to think "This car's super safe, so I have to drive like a troupe of benobos to compensate") and smaller European cars.

Comment

My mother tells a good tailgaiting story.

She used to have a terribly long highway commute every day so she was a hardened road warrior. She was headed tio work one morning when a large car full of old ladies comes up on her tail and sits there at 65 mph. She can clearly see that the driver is paying far more attnetion to her friends in the back than she is to the road. Apparently the conversation was animated and involved.

My mother slows down gradually, attempting to give this person the message to go around. This was a divided highway, 2 lanes in each direction, so the tailgater had ample opportunity to go around.

At about 35 mph the tailgater finally woke up to the caravan of cars and trucks roaring past her, noticed that her 'pace car' was deliberatley slowing her down, and raced past my mother with a salvo of cat-butt faces flung her way.

A mile down the road, the biddies found another pace car and snuggled up to another comfy bumper. At least she was consistant.
              Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Sounds like some rice got cooked, and boy did he get steamed!

Comment

Ugh I hate tailgaters. Especially because my commute involves about 10 straight miles of *I repeat* straight 4 lane highway. You can pass AT ANY TIME.

Go around or deal with me going 70. Deal or no deal. If you pick no deal, back your ugly face and your even uglier vehicle off, thank you.

Even worse:

People you let merge in, and they refuse to let you back over and you miss your exit and nearly end up on your way to Madison with the next exit being practically in Podunk Egypt.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

oh don't get me started on tailgaters and this logic of riding my ass will get the car in front of me to go faster or the red light I'm approaching to turn green quicker.
                    There is only one time I condone tailgating, and that is if there is a slow vehicle in the lane the bus travels in, in which case, sense the bus driver has 2 restrictions placed on him, first he can't leave that lane and second he must keep a schedule, I think if your douche enough to be doing 20 under the bus driver has every right to get on your ass and blare his horn until you realize that you are a retard and pull off the road crying (I seriously have seen that happen, and I applaud the bus driver every single time because I'm no speed demon, but honestly, if you can't handle the speed stay off the freakin expressways).
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Here's a copy of what I faxed to the Lexington County Sheriff's Department last week. I think it fits quite well in this thread. As for details, yes I included the plate number. I do not know what a school bus was doing on the road in June. Summer school maybe? I only saw busses last week for about 2 or 3 days. I dunno. Read on:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I feel compelled to bring this to your attention. At around 7:45 am this morning, I was driving down Rambling Road, and witnessed a car tailgating and creating an unsafe situation. This is, unfortunately, not a rare occurrence, especially in this particular area, except that in this case the reckless tailgater happened to be a Lexington County deputy’s car with the tags XXXX and the victimized vehicle happened to be a school bus full of children.

I wish I was making this up. I thought I was going to see the deputies car plow into the bus when it stopped at the railroad track.

But no, no accident occurred, thank God. The bus went straight at the 4 way stop and the deputy’s car turned right down Pine Street, which was where I was heading. I was observing the 35 mph speed limit, and watched the deputies car roar off at at least 50 mph. Lovely.

Of course, I caught up with Our Hero again when he encountered other, more law-abiding, traffic ahead. When I turned down Platt Springs near the Taco Bell, he was driving with his car jammed so close to the car in front of him it looked like he was being towed. I guess he was unhappy that the car in front of him was observing the speed limit and wanted to see if he could bully him into breaking it for him.

The folks in your office might consider this sort of thing as one reason so many people distrust the police and the sheriff’s department. It’s not like they have to answer to anyone, and I feel confident that this guy won’t have to answer for his behavior either.

Bullying a school bus. Nice work. Well, at least if an accident occurred, he would have been right there on the scene. I feel so much safer knowing that.

Comment

People mentioning the police in front of them makes me remember a time I was on a highway. Tons and tons of cars were backed up (ok, 20 or so) like 15 under the speed limit. They weren't in a funeral or anything as well, they were thinking of passing, saw something and backed off but were all practically tailgating each other. So I did what all others did, I passed in the other lane (there were two lanes for our direction traffic). Got to the front and saw: a POLICE CAR! Looked down panicking (as well, normal reaction), saw I was going a bit over (2mph or so), but I figured he'd already seen me so I kept on moving. The officer was LAUGHING! He apparently was seeing how long it'd take going that slow before someone had the guts to pass.

After I did, almost everyone else did too.

Comment

I neglected to mention that the ricer jerk passed in a no passing zone, with double yellow and signs. About a mile up the road he could have legally passed. Since the cop witnessed it, im sure he got a ticket for that and hopefully somethig else.

Comment

The ONLY tailgating I endorse is at sporting events.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

about 10 years ago I was driving on a dark winding road, its a common short cut street to get to the state university. There were about 5 cars ahead of me, We were all going about 35-40, speed limit was 35.

We passed an intersection and a car made a right from that street and got behind me. He was tailing me hard and also doing the light flashing, swerving. Was driving me nuts.

Then he gets the bright idea to pass me. This street is only 2 lanes, one each directions, lots of little hills and turns. First off he had to see the line of cars in front of me, I don't know if he planned on passing us all at once or just one at a time. It made no sense to me. So he starts to pass me on the left when a car comes over a hill in the other lane.
                              Mr. Speedy McCrazy had to back off and get behind me but he didn't make it and hit my left back door. I was so super pissed by this so I jammed the break, 35 to 0 in 1-2 secs. He rammed into the back of my car.

I stopped and got out and the bastard decided to turn around and take off. He was never caught. So I'm in the dark looking at all the debris on the road. I was livid. This was pre-personal cellphone days so I went to the nearest house to call the police. The resident gave me a flashlight to check the dmg.
                              To my surprise, I had a paint scrape on the back bumper. Thats it. So at least I was comforted knowing how f-ed he car must be.

Oh another shorter story, I might have told it already I cant remember.
                              I was driving from my parents to my house. The main street between us has a speed limit of 45. So I'm driving along and notice a car behind me coming up very fast. He catches up to me and laid on the tailgating very thick. I could see a pizza sign on the hood but not the name.
                              I honestly think this guy was crazy, he did it all, The more he tailed me the more I slowed down, which was countered with him using his brights, me slowing more, him swerving, slow, swerve etc etc.
                              I finally get to my turn making a left. I looked behind me and the guy stopped his car at the intersection so he could give me the finder. Much to my delight though, and a huge credit to his stupidity, was that now I could see which pizza sign was on his roof.
                              I got home, called the pizza place, they knew how I was talking about even without his name. Mgr said he would be having a nice conversation when the guy got back.
                              Last edited by Miyon; 07-04-2008, 03:02 PM.
                              Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Working...
                              X