This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Cant Share Buffets

Seriously the dumbest woman ever came in tonight!
    She ordered 2 XL pizzas and XL stix with 6 drinks...
    Me:
    SC: Stupid Lady
    M: Manager

SC: I would also like 2 salad bars.
    Me: Okay *reads order back to her* Your total is $xx.xx
    SC: And I was wondering if I could possibly get two small plates for my young children. I just wanted to get a couple of small items off the salad bar to give to them if that's possible.
    Me: Let me ask my manager. *Turns to M and asks*
    M: (to SC) Well, as long as the children are young, and you just give them a small item or two, I'll let it happen this once.
    SC: Great! Thank you! Yeah I share the buffet with my children all the time. But this time, I think they need their own plates.
    Me:

A few minutes later, I take a look at the salad bar, and guess what I see?
    Her two "young children" were 8 and 10 years old! and they were at the salad bar loading up their plates with salad!

And what sucks is, I got in trouble for it, because M told me that I should have charged her for the two small plates.

And I'm like really mad, because the thing is, I ASKED M what I should do, and she told me. So i was following orders, and I STILL got in trouble!

Ugh I seriously hate stupid customers!

I hate managers that tell you to do something then yell at you for doing what they said to do. And that lady is an idiot. If you share a buffet when you're not suppose to, you don't tell the employees. Amateurs...

Comment

Basically the bitch was too cheap to buy the kids their own buffet. I went out to eat one time with my brother and his kids.I got my niece a couple cherry tomatoes off the bar.But then again I didn't get her a entire plate.

Comment

some people will do anything to be cheap and save a few dollars.

it used to piss my grandfather off when senior citizens would steal/bag the dinner rolls and sugar packets or whatever they could get from the salad bars at the early bird specials.

Comment

It usually goes like this:

- Manager tells you to do something outside of policy
          - Manager's higher up finds out about this, gets upset at Manager.
          - Manager blames you to save his/her own backside and you end pissed off to no end.

I've been there before.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Not true!!!

Cher buffet:
            Attached Files
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Cher buffet:
              Where was it...

I know it's here somewhere.

Oh there it is.

Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

M: (to SC) Well, as long as the children are young, and you just give them a small item or two, I'll let it happen this once.
                here's where M went wrong, he assumed what he called "young" is what she would call "young"

he should have specified an age

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                  Basically the bitch was too cheap to buy the kids their own buffet. I went out to eat one time with my brother and his kids.I got my niece a couple cherry tomatoes off the bar.But then again I didn't get her a entire plate.

A lot of Buffets offer free plates to children 5 and under but I don't think many do that for older children.

Honestly (nothing against your particular establishment), buffets are nasty...Would you let your kid eat from a germ festering, incubating petri dish? No...you wouldn't....

Buffet = petri dish

YUCK
                  Tamezin

Comment

I went to a eating establishment that is a huge salad bar, they also offer soups, baked potatoes, corn bread and ginger bread and a hand full of sandwhichs.
                    It is a build your own potato bar . . .I like sunflower seeds on my baked potato. They didn't have them with the potatoes but they did with the salad bar - so I went and got a sprinkle. They also had plain washed and cut up mushrooms that looked good - I took 3 mushroom slices.
                    The server comes over to get our drink order - see if we want a sandwhich and write up our order.
                    She wrote me up as Potato and Salad bar. I asked her about it and she said that since I had items from the salad bar I would have to pay extra. I asked for a manager. The manager said this time he would let it pass but next time I would have to pay for salad bar use.
                    Now I could see if I had gotten a side salad, or a whole bunch of little this and little that being charged for salad bar. But a sprinkle of sesame seeds and 3 slices of mushrooms . . .that is a bit much. And yes, that was the last time I ate there.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      Cher buffet:
                      If anybody needs me, I'll be clawing my eyes out and wailing hysterically.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                        Now I could see if I had gotten a side salad, or a whole bunch of little this and little that being charged for salad bar. But a sprinkle of sesame seeds and 3 slices of mushrooms . . .that is a bit much. And yes, that was the last time I ate there.
                        Okay, so where exactly do they draw the line? 4 sunflower seeds is okay, but 5 gets you a charge? 6 bits of mushroom's fine, but 7 you have to pay? You weren't entitled to anything off the salad bar, and you didn't say you asked first. You're lucky they didn't charge you that time. I think they went above what they needed to.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Why Sheldonrs!!! Why!?!?! *claws eyes out*

Comment

I do understand about where do you draw the line . . .but let me add the following information.
                            There were no signs posted that said you can't take anything from the salad bar area and place it on a "Build your own" baked potato.
                            I had been putting sesame seeds on my baked potato at this chain for over 5 years(and this location for 3) and never ran into this issue.
                            As for the 3 slices of mushrooms -I can see the point of it being considered salad. At the same time I don't agree with being charged an additional $4.00 for just 3 slices of mushrooms. It is a soup and salad buffet (charged for each potato) but I didn't have any plans to go back and get anyother food than I already had on my plate.
                            I think it was the servers attitude and then the manager with a you should know this attitude - with no signs to be read (yes, I do read the signs) that pushed me to not want to return.

Comment

I had a lot of "buffet sharers" where I used to work and it didn't bother me one little bit to charge them extra. I wouldn't say anything to them, the extra charge just appeared on their bill. Nobody ever said a word about it.

So many would order kids' basket meals for their kids, yet the adults would get the buffet and many times the parents would fix a "small plate" for the kids too. Maybe a chicken leg, jello, pudding, etc. Why do parents think that is okay? It isn't okay.

I also hated it when a gastric-bypass person would tell me about their surgery, and produce the card (we required it) from their doctor saying they had it, so we'd give them the 9-12 children's price (half price of the adult) and many of them would eat just as much as anyone else does.

Comment

Working...
                              X