This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song is not Currency

A tale from my friend who I will call ‘Sarah’, who works at a supermarket. I am but a channel for her life experiences…

Sarah was working the till and was scanning a man’s items. He seemed normal. They generally do.

S: That will be £14.25
    SC: Here… wait, I only have £10.
    S: Would you like me to void some of your items?
    SC: No, I really need all this stuff!

*S thinks, ‘you really need two tubes of X brand toothpaste? How many teeth do you have?’*

S: Well I’m afraid you will have to have some of them voided.
    SC: *In a jokey way* I’ll sing for you! I’m a good singer!

He breaks out in song. Badly. All over the country dogs awaken and howl at the moon. Bats fall from the sky. Somewhere a fairy dies.

S: Haha, very funny sir. Please, can you decide which items you would like to remove?
    SC: *singing and checking out her nametag* oooooooooo Sarah… oooooooo… let me have these groooooooceries!!!!!
    S:Sir, please. There's a queue forming...

Finally (after 2 more verses of 'Oooo Sarah') he relinquishes some items and wanders off, singing 'Ooooooo, Sarah is a biiiiitch... She wouldn't let me have my miiiiiiiilk...'
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

... That's just weird.
    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

lol thats kinda funny, makes for a good story at least

Comment

Not only is the song not currency, it's counterfeit currency.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Sounds like someone escaped from the funny farm.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Anyone else hear the song sun to the tune of "Mandy" by Barry Manilow?
            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
              Well now I do. And it will now be trapped in my head all day.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Oh Mindy, you came and you gave without flaking,
                But I sent you Ben-Gay
                Oh Andy, you kissed me and stopped me from something...
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I was hearing "Sara" by Starship....

Comment

'Ooooooo, Sarah is a biiiiitch... She wouldn't let me have my miiiiiiiilk...'
                    That's when you sing back to him: "OOOO Sara is an uber bitch cos she's kicking you ouuuuuuut!"

Comment

Quoth Red Hand of Ulster View Post
                      This was the first song that came to mind.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Red Hand of Ulster View Post
                        lmao same here

Comment

I heard Errol by Australian Crawl

Comment

I was thinking "Oh Sherrie" by (ex-Journey singer) Steve Perry...
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              That's when you sing back to him: "OOOO Sara is an uber bitch cos she's kicking you ouuuuuuut!"

"Sarah's gonna kick you out!", putting Sarah in for Mama and kick for knock, of course.
                              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                              X