Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this thing called common sense?

Well, it's been quite a looooooooong time since I posted. But rest assured, things have still been interesting! Here are some times that weren't really sucky, but just things that show customers don't always think things the entire way through.

Incident #1:

Guy comes in and takes a look at our glass case that holds all our cigarettes/tobacco/cigars. After staring at it for a minute or so, he turns to me and asks, "Do you have a humidor here with some better cigars?" (yes, he was serious)

I didn't really know how to respond, so I just said, "No, sorry. That's all we got." He stared at the case for a few more minutes, then left.

Dude, why would anyone think a grocery store would have a friggin' humidor?

---

Incident #2:

Woman comes up to my register and I scan her through, she's polite, we have conversation, business as usual, right? Until it comes time to pay.

Her total was $100 or so, and she rummages through her purse and there's that face as she's digging through it that tells you she doesn't have enough cash or something like that. She then pulls out her credit card, frowns and asks timidly, 'Can I put $50 on a card?' I say yes, and her face lights up. 'REALLY?!'

I'm a little surprised, but again say yes. She puts fifty on her card, then starts pushing her cart away to leave! I stop her, saying she still has more to pay for.

Apparently, she thought that she could just put half her money on a card and then come back and pay the rest later, or that they would send her a bill for the other half. Management had to tell her such was not the case, and she eventually paid for the rest of it on the card and left.

*sigh* I worry about people sometimes.

Incident #3:

During a slow morning, a woman comes up with a stack of gift cards. She's really nice, very polite, makes conversation, a good customer, but the thing that put me off is her money habits.

She buys six Visa gift cards at $100 each, totaling $600+. She then reaches into her purse and pulls out some credit cards. She says, "I got like ten of these, I know that one of them is bound to go through. I hope I haven't maxed them all yet."

About five were declined, before she managed to pay. She considered buying more, but left instead.

I couldn't help thinking why someone would have ten credit cards and max them all out on purpose. She must be in debt out the ass. If not, I wish I had that much money to blow on things. And her friends probably like her if she's buying $100 Visa gift cards for them.

The sad thing is that she looked about my age. (I'm 21.) I hope she doesn't get into some money trouble later in life.

That's about all for now.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

Quoth GroceryWench View Post

I couldn't help thinking why someone would have ten credit cards and max them all out on purpose. She must be in debt out the ass. If not, I wish I had that much money to blow on things. And her friends probably like her if she's buying $100 Visa gift cards for them.

The sad thing is that she looked about my age. (I'm 21.) I hope she doesn't get into some money trouble later in life.

That's about all for now.
    You don't need to worry about later in her life, she's in trouble now. Quite a few people at this age don't realise how a credit card works and will pay for it when the bill comes for years.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

One possibility: she's facing bankrupcy anyway, and is hoping to use the gift cards herself after filing.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
        During a slow morning, a woman comes up with a stack of gift cards.
        Was it Mayor Shelia Dixon of Baltimore?

Sorry, had to.

Comment

As for 3, they WERE her credit cards right? I get several people attempting to get visa cards with credit cards. I'm all to glad to tell them its cash only. More then a few of those cards had strange names for their gender. Like a Sara for a male, or Harold for a girl.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Reminds me of this: http://notalwaysright.com/maxed-out-...pt-brains/2125
            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
            Melody Gardot

Comment

Working...
            X