Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst thing you've ever done?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worst thing you've ever done?

What is the most unproffesional thing you have ever done in the place you work?

Where I work, there are probably only about 25 members of staff, so we all know each other pretty well, and the managers know us all and what we are like, so if a customer complains and starts making up shit, they will know if they are lying to them or not.

The managers know me pretty well. They know that I am VERY unlikely to even give a customer a dirty look.

But there was this one time when I was serving a group of students some shots, and every time I poured the shot, they changed their mind and asked for a different kind. It was a stressful night and I lost it.

Me: Oh for f**ks sake! OK, just f**k off and go somewhere else. You're not taking the p**s out of me anymore!
    SC: WELL! Just you wait til your manager hears about this!
    Me: Do your f**king worst!

The manager didn't believe them! And told them to get out.

So many to choose from since I've been known to rip on customers every now and then. I guess the first and one of the worst was at Wal-Mart right after high school. It was just after Halloween and I was working alone in seaonal trying to clean up that disaster when an old asian woman started freaking out about how "raggety" the store is and how "raggety" I am for having long hair and so on. After several minutes of her hounding me up and down the aisles I finally turned around and yelled "Will you just shut the fuck up!". I was certain I would get canned but nothing ever came of it.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Hmm, most unprofessional thing ive done while working?
      There was the time when I took my 'chicken fillets' out of my bra and waved them around in front of some guys...http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=599
      Last edited by COMINATCHA; 03-06-2007, 03:00 AM.
      I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
      another time, this world would fade away
      To find true love, is like no other joy,
      our choice is here
      be happy for today

Comment

Unprofessional? That was hilarious - not unprofessional.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth COMINATCHA View Post
          There was the time when I took my 'chicken fillets' out of my bra and waved them around in front of some guys

MMMMMMMMM Chicken Fillets *drools*
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Ummmmmmmm, I think the worst thing I ever did at the workplace (afterhours though) was make out on the boss's desk with a guy I had a crush on at the same office. *blush* Hey, I was only 19, ok?
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

In front of customers? I went off on a contractor who had been screwing up constantly. Honest to god every other word out of mouth was f**k.

But then again, my boss does worse.

The other thing was at the warehouse. I knew this guy was getting fired and he royally pissed me off, and again, every other word was f**k. The whole store and warehouse heard me. The only thing ever said to me was "You won't have to do that again, he's gone now"

Comment

At channel 25, using videotape cassettes to brick up the case of beer we had hidden in the tape room.

At public tv, taking naps in the crew office lying full out on the couch. The kicker? This was common practice among the production crews. Stored a very large alligator turtle (a live one) in the tape room for the evening.

At public tv, chewed out a client for running her mouth about "how America asked for it" after 9/11. I didn't care much about the job, but I did care about going to jail, so she didnt' get assaulted. Nothing came of it. I only said what everyone else in the room was thinking. Also, kept an injured quail in the ladies shower until it recovered enough to fly off.

At "cussin' photo", we sometimes had dogs back in the labs. Also, on fridays, I would frequently sit around on the floor after hours drinking black and tans and getting hammered (the husband worked here, too, so no driving home drunk. I had a ride.). I wasn't even as bad as the rest of my coworkers....they were passing around a bong.

I don't think I've gone off in an unprofessional manner on a customer. Put them in their place, yes. But I never really lost my temper and went off on them in an unprofessional way...at least not to their face. My enraged rantings in the stockroom in private don't count.
                Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM. Reason: remembered the animal incidents

Comment

I think the most unprofessional thing I've done at work...was to throw a CD-R at the wall...causing it to shatter. I'd been trying to back up some data, and the damn thing wouldn't work for some reason.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The worst thing I did at anyjob, was tell this one guy off, at my last factory job. He was a newer guy, and he already had it in his head, that he was a boss. I told him off and hit my hammer onto the wooden steps that we had. After that we were cool with each other. But he had pissed me and everyone else off, by telling them how to do our jobs. I was the one, that taught him, how to do everything there.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

had a really bad migraine 2 hours into my shift and my manager told the assistant manager to "take Katt out back for a smoke break"-which was team speak for give her some pot(I was the only worker that did not smoke anything but cigs) and hope her migraine goes away*-it did and I actually stayed for the rest of my 13 hour shift.

so it was done under managements direct orders

*some people swear by it for migraines-I'd rather not, but that day I was already into the nausea, and unable to stand upright-I was willing to do anythingto make the pain stop.
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

One year for Christmas, just after the "Kinko's employees will now have to wear the blue uniform shirts" policy (which for some reason we hated at the time) the people in home office sent us a group color copy of themselves as some sort of masturbatory "season's greetings."

Not a single one of them was wearing a uniform shirt. As predicted.

So I snuck into the bathroom with it and rubber cemented it into the back of the toilet bowl so that the guys could whiz all over their smug smiling faces and cute little Santa hats. Now THAT's a spreading around a little holiday cheer.

Poor assistant manager headed in there a couple hours later with the rubber opera gloves and a razor scraper (yet another reason I never went for that position. That poor bastard spent far and away too much time with those rubber gloves on, shoulder-deep in the toilet. No thanks. As a peon, I got peed on far less than he did.) He was muttering about "you wait till I get my hands of Jeff."

Now, while the crime did indeed smack loudly of Jeff, Jeff was innocent. In fact, he wasn't even at work that day. However, if it started shaping up like Jeff was gonna get busted for it and get in trouble, I would have immediately confessed. But frankly, too much fun was had by all in the bathroom (well, except for the AM) for anyone to do too much sleuthing. Nobody ever figured out whodunnit.

Years later, I confessed at a party. Alchohol was involved.

Blaquekatt, I don't smoke...ANYTHING...but if someone handed me a joint and said "This will get rid of your migraine", I'd smoke it without a single moment's hesitation.

In fact....well....never mind. Thanks for the tip.
                        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-07-2007, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Hmmm...back in my DQ days I had undiagnosed depression and a hair-trigger temper that I took out on more than a few of my co-workers. Looking back, it's amazing that I was able to get away with my behaviour for so long.

Prozac is coooolllllll............
                          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I was a Resident Assistant (RA) at a small Christian university. My "customers" were my fellow students in the dorm. Did I mention it was a Christian school? Cause that's important. The Christian thing, that is.

Moving on.

Two of the students there in the hall were called "Stink" and "Retard" for what I hope are obvious reasons (to clarify, Retard was not retarded, but he had a remarkable lack of common sense and tried to act smart, when, in reality, he was mildly dumb). They did something to piss me off on top of a long semester, so I finally exploded.

I started by saying "If you ever fucking do that again, I'll put a knife in your fucking balls" or some such. Retard replies with "Look bitch..." That's as far as he got. I managed to swear for about the next five straight minutes. The threats and usages were quite elaborate, which I'm proud to say. One of the guys who heard me down the hall is in the Marine Corps now, and he still says it was one of the greatest streaks of profanity he's ever heard. I learned to swear from sailors, machine shop mechanics and professional roofers. Apparently I'm really good at it.

We laughed for months (and even now, years later). I never heard a word about it, even though someone had to have told my boss. I ahve someone from the floor below call me to make sure I was okay.

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                              "These are rubbish, Nikki (the dog) will chew through them in no time."
                              Perhaps you should have suggested she try the hardware store and get a length of steel chain Of course, then she'd come back yelling at you when all the dog's teeth broke out of her head.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X