Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Pune Massacreeist

OT: Every time I read the thread title I think of the doctor with dual specializations: Psychology & Proctology.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Will Work for Bacon

Quote:
Quoth Seshat View Post
My husband wants a cardboard box.
Since I'm going to be cremated, me too.

Quote:
Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
I am planning to donate my body for organ harvest, anything that is left can go to a medical school for them to laugh at, then they can feed me to guppies or whatever, I really don't care what they do with my body. I'm not there and won't care.
Psychologically, the thought of rotting in the ground well and truly disgusts me. Which is why I'm opting for cremation . . . after my organs are harvested and a med school or whatever does what it wants with the rest.

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
OT: Every time I read the thread title I think of the doctor with dual specializations: Psychology & Proctology.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Girl Thursday

Quote:
Quoth Seshat View Post
My husband wants a cardboard box.
Quote:
Quoth Panacea View Post
Since I'm going to be cremated, me too.
My brother worked for some funeral place hauling bodies.

Everybody they dealt with for funerary arrangements they required to purchase a proper casket through them. No exceptions. And if you decided to be cremated, then they'd pull the body out, stuff it in a cardboard box and resell the casket.

From what I understand, the guy that ran the place had actually been forbidden by the government to have anything to do with anything related to dead people, but every time one of his operations was caught out and shut down, he'd just find some new puppet to run the next place.

^-.-^

Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Will Work for Bacon

Quote:
Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
Everybody they dealt with for funerary arrangements they required to purchase a proper casket through them. No exceptions. And if you decided to be cremated, then they'd pull the body out, stuff it in a cardboard box and resell the casket.
Agh! That's rat nasty.

They should have put that sob in jail.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
So I'm guessing that would be the doc to go to if you had a nasty case of rectaloptilitis.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth ngc_7331 View Post
So I'm guessing that would be the doc to go to if you had a nasty case of rectaloptilitis.
I've always wondered what the proper treatment for that is. It seems like surgical options would do more harm than good...

As far as the upthread comment on caskets - I know some states actually have a law that says you must purchase a casket for a body whether it's being cremated or not. Some places will cremate the casket itself which seems... like a waste. They're mostly based on sanitation laws (passing a casket around for 15,000 bodies to use seems icky) or mortuary-industry-protection laws from way back.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Girl Thursday

Quote:
Quoth sevendaysky View Post
As far as the upthread comment on caskets - I know some states actually have a law that says you must purchase a casket for a body whether it's being cremated or not.
Which is quite the racket since there are also regulations that require that the casket be only from licensed casket makers.

'Cause building a casket is such a difficult task.

^-.-^