This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    We went through 3 realtors until we found the lovely lady that sold us the farm.
    Is this where I make "bought the farm" jokes?

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

I'm glad you were out there with her! Your gut feeling was probably right! I've heard some awful stories, in fact there was case out this way some years ago where a woman realtor was shot at an open house. She lived, and later spotted the shooter somewhere and he was arrested. Very well-known case, they made a movie about it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

when we get ready to move to Tucson in 2012
        You are leaving me?!
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I'm glad you were out there with her! Your gut feeling was probably right! I've heard some awful stories, in fact there was case out this way some years ago where a woman realtor was shot at an open house. She lived, and later spotted the shooter somewhere and he was arrested. Very well-known case, they made a movie about it.
          The most famous case in the UK is Suzy Lamplugh, who went missing, believed murdered, when she went to show a Mr Kipper round a house.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
            Is this where I make "bought the farm" jokes?

yup=)

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
            You are leaving me?!
            sorry=( but I want to go to U of A Tucson for my degree, the cold and wonky barometer are driving my poor joints nuts and the pain is getting problematic =(

You could come for a visit and job hunt =)
            Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I think there have also been some CSI or Law and Order or some sort of forensics or police tv show episodes about it as well.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

yup=)

sorry=( but I want to go to U of A Tucson for my degree, the cold and wonky barometer are driving my poor joints nuts and the pain is getting problematic =(

You could come for a visit and job hunt =)
              I'm gonna miss you guys!!!!!!!!! You and your Hubby are the awesomest! *Sniff*
              I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                My mother always said: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people out to get you."
                A friend of mine had a different twist on this: "It's not paranoia if I'm right"
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am not really looking forward to interviewing realtors when we get ready to move to Tucson in 2012 ... being a gimp, and needing specific stuff in a house makes finding the right fit in a house important. I just cant get "close enough" and wing it from there.
                  I know exactly what you mean.

Have you heard of 'buyers advocates'? They're realtors, but they work for the buyer, not for the seller. We used one, and it made the process of house shopping and purchasing wonderfully smooth!

They took care of everything, including introducing us to a lawyer, a finance guy, and an insurance broker. Yes, I'm sure the lawyer, finance guy, broker, etc were people they work with a lot, and may well get kickbacks from. But we've been happy with the ongoing service from them, and everything's comfortable and cool.

Got a house that suited us, too.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X