This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
    Seraph - Don't forget your squads models can be up to 2 inches apart, spread out to avoid templates like the Missle Launcher.
    Nooooow I know that, LOL.

Also, after the thumping I received (inb4 Sheldon comment)....I decided to take a new tack.

...I have now discovered the sheer joys of metallic spray paint, and NICE acrylics. I literally was about to chew off a piece because the cheap stuff was streaking very, very bad. I pulled out a boltgun metal pot I bought, and WHAM. One coat, smooth as silk. Even covered up the old bad paint job. O_o

Never, ever going cheap again. Except for troops. But I'm really looking forward to this new army I'm working on painting. >
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I really like the look of that Wave Serpent. The metallic blue seriously does the model justice.
      Last edited by Crossbow; 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: typos
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Wow that looks AMAZING!!!!! Might have to try mixing my metal powders in normal paint. or my really good acrylics (i use them on my ceramics)
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Thanks guys, its really freaking awesome. Its like $4 a can at Walmart to boot. The only problem is that I've been informed that I installed the twin brightlance weapons upside down. <facepalm> They've already been glued down too...
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Thanks guys, its really freaking awesome. Its like $4 a can at Walmart to boot. The only problem is that I've been informed that I installed the twin brightlance weapons upside down. <facepalm> They've already been glued down too...
            D'oh! I missed that myself. Ok, they're upside down. Big deal. Are they solid plastic (I've never actually built a Wave Serpent before) or hollow? If they're solid, you could (if you REALLY wanted to) cut the barrels right at the notch and flip/pin the pieces. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless it was a commission or something. Just come up with a good piece of fluff for the reason (The crafter was cross-eyed or something)....
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

The Eldar are all about artistic expression in all facets of life, including war. Who's to say this particular fabricator decided for a little artistic license?
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
              X