This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse stories.(Tad Long)

I'm at a temporary position in a warehouse as contractors are constructing...things. Before I even heard any stories from people, I had creepy stuff happen. My very first night I was sitting by a dock door near where the contractors were working. It's about 2am, there's nobody there but myself and the contractors who are all males. So I'm sitting there and I hear a very distinct FEMALE laugh coming from behind me. Of course I turn around to look because all the warehouse people are meant to be gone.

At first I didn't see anyone(which is creepy enough by itself mmkay)But then as I look towards the far end of the dock area past the feeder belts, I see something dark and vaguely human shaped running back and forth along the belt. I stared at it for a few seconds then turned back to my book thinking 'Just supposed to watch the contractors. Not going down there. If I don't see it it doesn't happen'

So I of course told the guard up at the main desk about it. Mind you they never told me anything before. Afterwards I was told they didn't tell me because I hadn't had anything happen to me yet. After I told him what happened he explained to me that he had been in the bathroom at the gatehouse when he heard a female voice say his name very distinctly and very loudly. So he runs out of the bathroom to see if someone had gotten in while he was inside. Nobody was in the gatehouse and as it was late at night nobody was even in the yard at the time.

So we move on to what happened yesterday and EXACTLY 5:15am close to the end of my shift. I'm at the same dock door where the laugh and running figure happened. I'm understandably a bit nervous at this but it's my job and I must do it. I had just let a contractor out to get some tools. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and about 5-10 FEET(way too close)away from me is a very distinct all black shadow figure just standing there staring at me. After I stared at it for maybe half a second it ducked behind a forklift. I ran over to look because I was hoping one of the contractors was messing with me. Nobody was there. The forklift was surrounded by open space. There was no place for anyone to hide, not enough time for them to FIND a place to hide and no way to get to said hiding spot without me seeing.

Another young lady I work with told me how she was in the bathroom by the front desk. She was in the stall going about her business when suddenly the stall doors start getting shaken violently. She ran out of the bathroom and checked ALL the areas by the desk both inside and out. Nobody was around. The same young lady has to have music at the desk turned up all the way as when she's there alone at night she can hear people walking up and down the hallway by the desk. Needless to say with no 3rd shift here there is not anyone there except for her and myself. And since I'm posted in the warehouse it isn't me.

Another thing we have going on is when you're at the front desk you can hear someone rattling the doors on the lockers in the locker room. When I'm riding my golf cart around the warehouse I've heard something moving around, whispers, I've seen stuff as I'm going by the dark aisles(no I'm not going to go look I'm not crazy enough to do that alone) On cameras at the front desk, guards have seen things moving around in the warehouse(again while nobody should be there)

This place is creepy but I kind of like it. So far(knocks on all availiable wooden surfaces) it's just liked messing with people. I'll post more as I hear about it or experience it. In the meantime, anyone else got any haunted workplace stories? It's just what ya need before you go to bed
    My Wajas cave

Yeah, thanks. I'm reading this alone at 1:00 am.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oooo, creepy! I'll have to share this with Hubs, as he's totally into paranormal investigations and stuff.

On my paper route, I deliver to a road that goes behind an elementary school, and have seen something in the field there.

First time I saw her, I'd pulled into a driveway to deliver a paper. This driveway has a curve, and I was just using my mirrors to back up. I'm coming around the curve staring in my rearview, when I suddenly saw a girl, about 5 or 6, standing right behind my car! I slammed on the brakes, turned around...and no one was there.

I mean, I only saw her for a second, but I could draw you a picture. Red, wavy, shoulder-length hair; blue short-sleeve dress with a wide white collar; a sort of electric, light blue aura about her...and no face. Like it had been blurred out. It was creepy.

About a week later, I was on the same road, when I noticed something out in the field. I stopped and looked, and it was the same girl! She was skipping across the field. I watched her for a good four seconds before she passed behind a tree and disappeared.

I mean, I've had my share of weird encounters. Everything else I've encountered I was able to find a rational explanation for, or at least come up with a rational theory. Not this time, though!
      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 08-23-2011, 03:54 AM.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I used to play ball with a ghost at a place I worked at. It was one of the ones that lit up when bounces, and you'd see it rise up like someone was carrying it, then it'd get thrown. It would also knock on my office door (opposite end of building from everyone else, behind 2 sets of locked doors, then locked office door). No one there, I'd say give me 5 minutes, 5 minutes later there would be another knock so I'd throw the ball for it.

Comment

Ghosties! I wanna play, too!
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I haz stories, but none at work.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ok, I officially have a shiver up my back. I used to work at a hotel that had a haunted hallway and suite on the 3rd floor. So many employees talked about it, but I never heard or saw anything. People sometimes saw a young woman walk around the corner, but then no one would be there. Or they'd hear a woman's voice in the suite, but again no one was there. People assumed the young woman died while traversing the plains the century before. She always wore very dated clothing.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Are you all serious? this stuff really happens? I've never run into anything like that .....I don't know whether to believe in ghosts or not. I wonder where I could go around Portland that would be a good haunted place.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I used to work security in the bank op center on Robin Hood Rd in Norfolk VA. I loved third shift. Other than the 3 ladies that ran the computer reports 2 days a week I was entirely alone from midnight when we let the cleaning crew out until 7 am when the first person trickled in. I sat at the security desk in the lobby for about 45 minutes of the hour then did 1 clock round that took all of 10 minutes [15 if I walked really slowly ] and they let me read, sew, keep a coffee pot and radio at the desk as long as nobody else was there. Easy enough to pop the stuff into the locking drawer I had when anybody else was in the building. The hurricane when I was working there I evacuated myself and a shotgun to the building when they shooed all of us out of Ocean Beach with the permission of the site boss and bank security.

There was one stairwell that always had murmers and walking sounds. There was a person walking around in the cubicle farm that was collections.
                  There was something that would go around turning lights on and off in random offices.
                  There was a copier that had to be kept unplugged because it would randomly copy nothing.

I personally heard the stuff in the stairwell, and had to flip lights on or off accordingly, and experienced the random copying of invisible ghost buttocks [hehe butt] I numerous times took the report from the cleaners of the person walking around in collections and went up to find nobody.

[I really miss walking rounds there, it was normally so boring I had time to consider how to break in and rob the place. I came up with 13 different ways I could think of to actually manage to get in, when I left I gave the banks security officer a written report on the 13 ways to get in ]
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Are you all serious? this stuff really happens? I've never run into anything like that .....I don't know whether to believe in ghosts or not. I wonder where I could go around Portland that would be a good haunted place.
                    Here's a local group that has some info on hotspots in and around your area if you are interested: http://www.nwpprs.com/
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Bramble,

We've had some previous threads with ghost stories on the board. A search should bring them up.

The building I'm in now is mostly calm, but a previous building was haunted pretty heavily. It's all in an earlier thread.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The bordello that I used to have a store in was haunted. No one wanted to be there alone at night. I'd hear weird sounds and there was stuff that was always turning off or on by itself.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Aye. I believe we even have a few ghost hunters as posters here, tho I've not seen too many threads about it recently.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            The hurricane when I was working there I evacuated myself and a shotgun to the building when they shooed all of us out of Ocean Beach with the permission of the site boss and bank security.
                            That is awesome and badass.

Back on-topic, I've never experienced a retail/restaurant haunted workplace, BUT I've been in several haunted theaters (I'm a wardrobe mistress/costumer, so I consider that a workplace).

Firstly, at the community dinner theater that <local university> ran, they had a resident ghost named George. George liked to play in the props shop. Daphine, who had been there a very long time, said she had once been in the props shop and a mechanical carousel turned itself on and started playing.

Secondly, during a very bad storm, I was doing a rehearsal for a 24-hour play project. It was freezing in the theater, so we were working in the black box we have, and my boyfriend went looking for me in the theater we weren't in. He said he could hear people walking up in the catwalks (common, almost everyone has heard it) and he could also hear them whispering. About him. Things like, "Look at him. What's he doing here?" more curious than angry. I've also felt a presence in the lighting booth; he starts to get a little touchy late at night, but simply reassuring him that you're on the way out tends to dispel the creepy feelings.

Third, in the other, biggest theater we have on campus, boyfriend was walking past the backstage doors. There was a choir rehearsal going on, and he glanced inside. He saw, very clearly, a young woman with brown, curly hair pulled back out of her face and wearing a late 19th century dress. She was about halfway through the floor, walking where we think the ground was before the foundations were dug for the building.

Sorry that was so long. I don't necessarily <3 paranormals, but they certainly <3 me.
                            We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                              Bramble,

We've had some previous threads with ghost stories on the board. A search should bring them up.
                              Oh I know, I searched beforehand to see but all the ones I saw were locked. I made this just to share my stories and see if anybody had new stuff pop up.
                              Last edited by Bramble; 08-27-2011, 05:51 AM. Reason: tired...
                              My Wajas cave

Comment

Working...
                              X