Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Soooo
Old 11-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Cashier

Default Soooo

I quit my job.

Over the weekend I called my manager on his cell because there were no managers at the store high enough to take a resignation. I was working at a big box home improvement center with red vests. The new computerized scheduling system has me working over what was my availability, on hours that don't match what I was hired for, for shifts that cost me money to do as I drove an hour too and from work. With less than 8 hours between shifts happening. They also apparently screwed up my tax with holdings when they switched systems last year. So Yay now they really did cost me money. I unfortunately couldn't afford to give my two weeks notice as it would have literally cost me more than going to work and with the shear amount of people leaving the store I am wondering how long it will last. At last count we were at around 70% staffed due to these changes, and I knew of at least 10 other people who were looking to jump ship.

Its amazing when a place that lists "Flexible schedule" as a bonus for working there goes down to the point where they are demanding people work when they have other jobs, or when they have to pick up kids from school. For me it was more I was garunteed in writing a minimal number of hours per shift to offset the hour long drive. But when they try to use me to cover 2 hours for peoples lunches and get angry that I won't do it. And handily lose the paper that had my agreement on it.

Sorry for rambling and poor formatting, I'm just stressed.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Loanshark IT

Talk about a fast track to demise. Glad you escaped. Let us know when they lock the doors.

Good luck on what ever you do next.

Quote:
Quoth Chainsmith View Post
For me it was more I was garunteed in writing a minimal number of hours per shift to offset the hour long drive. *snip* And handily lose the paper that had my agreement on it.
Note to those reading. Always keep a copy for yourself. Do not make a copy of the signed agreement. Someone could claim the photocopy is doctored. Two copies of the agreement, both signed by both parties. Each keeps one.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:18 AM
Slave To The System

Quote:
Quoth csquared View Post
Note to those reading. Always keep a copy for yourself. Do not make a copy of the signed agreement. Someone could claim the photocopy is doctored. Two copies of the agreement, both signed by both parties. Each keeps one.
YES! Iím also a fan of the sign in blue pen method so you know whatís an original and whatís a photocopy. Though one of my doctors offices recently told me blue pen doesnít scan into their system well.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Zellylicious View Post
YES! Iím also a fan of the sign in blue pen method so you know whatís an original and whatís a photocopy. Though one of my doctors offices recently told me blue pen doesnít scan into their system well.
Isn't that the whole point of signing in blue ink? If it doesn't scan it can't be copied.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
Isn't that the whole point of signing in blue ink? If it doesn't scan it can't be copied.
Sign in black, initial the signature in blue?

With the increasing penetration of full-color multifunction print/scan/copiers the bluelight special copy detection trick is becoming obsolete.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
In the days of yore, when everything was black & white, the blue ink would stand out. If it doesn't scan, it is a bad scanner. Full color copiers make that obsolete.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:47 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

Good point on color scans negating the issue

Many B/W scanners ignore "non-photo blue," e.g. roughly the shade used for looseleaf paper in the US, or that used in bluescreens in TV/movies (greenscreen seems to be more common these days, though). From what I gather, this is 100% intentional. It could simply be that blue ink that isn't dark enough as written is getting ignored because it's too close to this color.
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself Ö has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.Ē ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit