This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
    Do you know what's kind of funny about people who want to protect the Marlin? Staunch animal activist's will give freely to Audobon society, yet John Audobon was himself an avid hunter.
    Hey, even today, one of the biggest single contributors to an environmental concern is Ted Nugent. Definately a big hunter, but part of his credo is proper stewardship of nature, and only hunting what you'll eat/use. Plus he's a nut, and watching 'Surviving Nugent' still makes me laugh.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Heh, this is slightly off-topic, but is anyone familiar with the 'history' behind the fictional company Aperture Science from the game Portal? One of Aperture Sciences creations (along with the Heimlich Counter-Manoeuvre) was the 'Take a Wish Foundation' - they took wishes from sick children and gave them to wish-deprived, but otherwise healthy adults :P

Seriously though, what is it with people who make a point of letting you know they're boycotting you? Made me think of the weird underwear lady from another thread...
      ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

When that lady called, I was tempted to tell her that she was mistaken. We actually granted a childs wish to hunt Marlon BRANDO!
        Oh, so that's what happened to the Codfather . . .

He was swimming with the fishes
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I don't think that person would have donated anyway, so no loss.

Comment

Working...
          X