Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you like some tea with that sugar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you like some tea with that sugar?

not sucky but definitely enough to make my stomach cringe...

two guys came in and ordered two large tea lemonades; not bad, one of the better drinks we offer, imo.

however, they wanted 25 pumps (no, that's not a typo) of syrup; this is about a half to 2/3 of a cup of syrup...in a 26 ounce drink, meaning four to six ounces of nothing but sugar.

*gags violently*
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Ew. I like sugar but my god!

I've posted this elsewhere, but I know a guy who puts 18 sugars in a venti coffee. That's 1/4 cup of sugar. I brought home 18 packs one day and measured it
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My teeth feel achy just thinking about it ....

I don't think my body could even handle that much sugar ...
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Did they drink it in front of you? If not, they probably diluted it in a larger container after they got out of the store, to get more bang for their buck. Sucky customer alert!!

Comment

I want a Squishee made entirely of syrup....
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Good god, my Pancreas is screaming for mercy just by reading that.

If that person's dietary habits are that sugar-loaded all the time, they're on a fast track to a Type II Diabetic state.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Ew. I like sugar but my god!

I've posted this elsewhere, but I know a guy who puts 18 sugars in a venti coffee. That's 1/4 cup of sugar. I brought home 18 packs one day and measured it
              That's just ridiculous! Of course, I've turned into a bit of a coffee snob in the last year or so. I like fresh-roasted coffee with no sugar and just a touch of cream.

Even with normal coffee, though, that's an absurd amount. I thought I was bad for putting in about a tablespoon of sugar!

Comment

Wow...that's enough to put maybe a class full of grade school age kids on a sugar high!!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  I want a Squishee made entirely of syrup....
                  NO! You saw what happened to Bart and Milhouse lol. I guess Ive been in the south for too long cuz that just sounds like sweet tea to me.

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
                    I guess Ive been in the south for too long cuz that just sounds like sweet tea to me.
                    OMG sweet tea!! I LOVE sweet tea! That's probably the only thing I liked about the south. (my family down south are your stereotypical backwater toothless hicks. No offense, I've just had a bad experience)

But yeah, Way too much sugar. I though that I was a fiend, but good lord...
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                      OMG sweet tea!! I LOVE sweet tea!
                      If you're in south Florida I can make some for you!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My question with these types of orders is always "How did you arrive at that number?" How many latte's did it take you to determine that to perfectly sweeten it to your tastes takes 12 sugar in the raw and 2 equal?

~Rhania

Comment

:shudder:

That much sugar...ewwwwwwwwww.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
                            NO! You saw what happened to Bart and Milhouse lol. I guess Ive been in the south for too long cuz that just sounds like sweet tea to me.
                            *slaps a 20 on the counter

Just make it happen.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cripes. I love the tea lemonades from the great coffee monopoly, but mom and I both ask for them with LESS syrup than they usually put in, as they're quite sweet normally, IMO. That just sounds icky sweet - and this is coming from the girl who ate two giant rice crispie treats covered in sprinkles already today, along with 4 chocolate covered strawberries, all in one sitting!
                              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                              X