This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Ok, look. I have stranded passengers, police officers, a hospital and a PRISON RIOT going on, on my other lines.
    A prison riot? Oh my. I hope Kara wasn't involved.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Meh. -.-
      I have a shirt that says that. You might want to look into getting one for yourself.

Princess, by some miracle, remained conscious through the heavy bleeding long enough to meet them the cute little things and enjoy every last minute alive, er, alone playing with them.

The End.
      Ahhh... Don'cha just love a happy ending?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So does this Hot Tips For America Snausage dude call you pretty much every night you work?
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

GK, I'm beginning to wonder what you do for a living; I thought you work in a call centre of some sort. But these stories are making me think you have multiple jobs!

Yes, this did happen to me.

Have you ever bought a new pair of jeans and forgotten to take all the tags off of it? Specifically you missed the clear sticker on back with the measurements? Then, while riding the escalator at Granville, you feel something odd, turn around and the girl behind you is peeling the sticker off your butt? No? Well, you don’t know what you’re missing. The sheepish explanation and awkward silence is awesome.
          I, too, am guilty of this but I generally tell someone they have the sticker first.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

GK is a therapist and owner of a Pink Cammo Rehab Center in Nunavut.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              GK, I'm beginning to wonder what you do for a living; I thought you work in a call centre of some sort. But these stories are making me think you have multiple jobs!
              He works in a call centre that handles multiple accounts.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                He works in a call centre that handles multiple accounts.
                Indeed, we're an outsourced call center. If you don't have a call center or you do but want to provide 24 hour service, you hire us, we train operators to handle your customers and then we take some or all of your calls.

Normally operators are divided into different teams/divisions during the day that only take specific types or a single client's calls. But at night, its just moi or me and one other guy some nights. So we're trained to take *every* call. Thats why my life and my posts seem so wondrously varied.

Comment

Hot Tips for America

SC: “Yeah, like, I have an idea that might help the US economy. Like what if you had like a new dollar coin that was like 100% silver? With an eagle on one side and a crow on the other. Then you could like-“
                  Given our governments aversion to minting coins that are worth more as metal than their face value (why pennies aren't copper anymore), that would be one SMALL coin.
                  A quick check of current silver prices shows that a silver dime would be worth ... $1.50 to $1.79 (by weight) right now, so a bit bigger than half the size of a dime.
                  And you think people don't use our current dollar coins? I can barely image how unpopular something worth $1 and easilly lost in pocket lint would be.

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  At the current price of silver, we would have two options:
                  I am so glad to see that I wasn't the only (or even the first) guy to try to work out how big a $1 silver coin would be.
                  Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-06-2008, 06:40 PM. Reason: multi-quote

Comment

Buying a Vowel

Me: “Ok, and your name please?”
                    SC: “It’s M-A-A-A-“

Er…..is this going to take a while? Because I’m off shift in about an hour and a half. I don’t want to go into OT just because your parents named you after the sound a mountain goat makes as it slips and plummets down an 800 foot cliff face deep in the Himalayas.
                    This caused me to giggle uncontrolably for quite some time. This is one of those parts of a Gravekeeper post that I will remember randomly throughout my shift and giggle yet again thus breaking up the monotany of my day!

Normally operators are divided into different teams/divisions during the day that only take specific types or a single client's calls. But at night, its just moi or me and one other guy some nights. So we're trained to take *every* call. Thats why my life and my posts seem so wondrously varied.
                    I think that this would help prevent your job from becoming boring. I mean, call centers are boring to begin with, but handling different kinds of calls would help, I would think.
                    Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-06-2008, 06:40 PM. Reason: merged
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk
                      I think that this would help prevent your job from becoming boring. I mean, call centers are boring to begin with, but handling different kinds of calls would help, I would think.
                      It does, actually. Taking one type of call over and over begins to tire me in fairly short order. The variety does help.

Comment

With No Apologies to Chicago

Ok, I’m really trying to piece together what just happened. As far as I can figure out you called a random <nation wide real estate company that has hundreds of offices> office ( You don’t know which one ), spoke with someone named “Gwen” and she hung up on you 6 times because she thought you were a rude, abusive asshole. Now you want to complain to the <company> head office. But you can’t figure out which office is the head office, so you just called directory assistance, asked for the number of a random <company> office and decided to call it ( at 3am no less ) to bitch, piss, moan and rant about how butt hurt you are about Gwen from <Company> Unidentified because she won’t talk to you anymore? Ok, I think I have the general gist of it.

You also managed to work yourself up into a complete indignant forth completely by yourself too. The only words I got in edgewise were “Pardon?”, “Who are you trying to reach?” and “Gwen?”. You also ranted something about how you own two businesses and you’re a Chicago Blackhawk and how no one should DARE speak to you that way EVER because you are so fantastically important that even taking that tone of voice with you should result in the skies parting and lightning striking the offender.

Essentially, I quickly began to figure out why she had hung up on you.

Also, your hockey team sucks.
                        YES

if only I really were the cause of this gem...

sorry for my horrendous spelling; English is my first language, and I'm not dyslexic. I'm just shite at spelling

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk
                          Although... in our company, we've got a line that is overflow for about 20-30 different campaigns - some of which they'd only get calls for maybe once a week (or less). Ok - most of them are simply name and number, we'll get someone to call you back... but still!
                          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

For me, it's the same-old-same-old. I'm either getting calls from contrators or calling contractors. Whichever I get is the luck of the draw.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Yes, this did happen to me.

Have you ever bought a new pair of jeans and forgotten to take all the tags off of it? Specifically you missed the clear sticker on back with the measurements? Then, while riding the escalator at Granville, you feel something odd, turn around and the girl behind you is peeling the sticker off your butt? No? Well, you don’t know what you’re missing. The sheepish explanation and awkward silence is awesome.
                              Change "Granville" to "work canteen" and "girl" to "woman who likes other women", and then I know where you're coming from.

Mind you, I got a cheery, "Hold still a moment," before the main event.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                                Given our governments aversion to minting coins that are worth more as metal than their face value (why pennies aren't copper anymore),
                                Yeah, and they still cost more than 1 cent...
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X