Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Jester. I still have pretty bad nights here and there. Almost had a hospital worthy one tonight, but trying to muddle through it till the morning when I can get out and get an RX for something stronger than what I have. ( They gave me cipralex? but it takes several weeks to kick in. It looks like I need something more like Adivan in the meantime ).

Subjectively its pretty humbling and somewhat humiliating. Objectively, when I look at the sheer level of shit endured for the past 7 months its kind of impressive I'm not even worse than I am.

Quoth Jester
    Bitch, please. The world is your source material.
    Remind me to put that sentiment on a t-shirt later.

Comment

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Adieu dear Gravekeeper, until we meet again. Take care of yourself.

Comment

I kind of thought some kind of medical ultimatum might lead to this. I can't imagine what pain you've gone through, but it makes me sad that someone as awesome as you has had to endure it, and I hope you recover.

I have always loved reading your posts, here and on Fratching, and second the idea that you're a brilliant writer and could surely turn it to profit, if you desired. Hopefully stranger-hugs aren't too weird.
        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
          I kind of thought some kind of medical ultimatum might lead to this. I can't imagine what pain you've gone through, but it makes me sad that someone as awesome as you has had to endure it, and I hope you recover.
          The frustrating part is 2 months back at work basically reset me on my physiotherapy / general health progress. So I' facing having to start from scratch again, which is part of the problem. It took a good 4 months to get through this last time. I have a bit of a head start this time but its still going to be a few months again. Especially with physiotherapy. Because I lost muscle mass along with weight.

I have a rather lovely hour glass figure atm. If I was a 14 year old girl I'd be thrilled.

Comment

*hugs*. Hope that you find a way forward soon - once you've restabilized.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ended up in the ER <sigh>.

Just got back. Pumped full of serious happy drugs. Muscles are still really sore and weak though because they've been tense and abused for days.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Ended up in the ER <sigh>.

Can't say I'll be praying for you; I don't do that. But I will light a candle on your behalf and send good energy if you don't mind.
                "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Objectively, when I look at the sheer level of shit endured for the past 7 months its kind of impressive I'm not even worse than I am.
                  Yes, it is. And you are very strong for having endured what you've put up with for so long.

I echo what everyone else here has said; your health comes first. No job is worth getting yourself sick over, especially to the point you've gotten to. All of our best wishes for a speedy and thorough healing.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, Gravekeeper. You were one of the main reasons I signed up for this site. I hope you'll be able to find something write a book that won't harm your health. Just take some time to recuperate write a book and get your health back on track. Then you can worry about finding write a book new work.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I can tell you that there are plenty of people here who care a great deal about you....

This was my exact thought as I was reading your OP, Gravekeeper.

Get yourself as better as possible, both physically and mentally, and remember that no matter how much life's shit gets you down, there are people that care.

Take care.

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

Just want you to get back to being healthy, GK, that's all that matters. ***hugs****
                        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

GK, just get better. Also, if you need anything, and/or need someone to talk to....PM me. I'm serious as a heart attack.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

The world is your source material indeed. I always loved reading your Halloween costume report.

And do try to get better. We love you too much around here to see you go back to the ER!
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Remind me to put that sentiment on a t-shirt later.
                              You should. And sell them at writers' conventions.

Though of course YOURS should read, "Bitch, please. The world is my source material."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                                I'm so sorry that you're going through this, Gravekeeper. You were one of the main reasons I signed up for this site. I hope you'll be able to find something write a book that won't harm your health. Just take some time to recuperate write a book and get your health back on track. Then you can worry about finding write a book new work.
                                Fnord?

Seriously, write about anything, do movie reviews - I would love to see what you can do with Ghost Shark on SYFY ...
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X