This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
    insects inside a machine? myself, I would reject the job ^^; but it's not difficult for you to get the bugs out, then bring the machine in.
    *Hangs head in shame*

I may look into that - but I probably ought to learn to clean it out myself. I'm not scared to open the case and switch out components so I don't know why I fear cleaning it.

Oh, yes I do. I hate cleaning.

Edited to add - if I could take my whole flat somewhere to have it cleaned out with compressed air I would. Goodbye cobwebs !

Victoria J
    Last edited by Victoria J; 05-24-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      I can handle all kinds of gory stuff, don't get me wrong. I've been elbow deep in blood and guts a few times in my life. But just...EWWW.
      I've cleaned a lot of really gross stuff out of my sink...I get smacked up side the back of the head with CLEAN ME!!!! carved into a 2x6 to the back of the head every couple of months, so.....yeah, I'm kinda used to it. Fun to gross out EQ, though.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
        We're talking a K6-3 450 mhz with an old Geforce 4, that hasn't seen the case side in 7 or so years. It's a tough old bastige of a machine and if I ever find my old FX5200 it'll get what's likely to be one of the final upgrades it sees, but it's not worth a huge investment.
        lol. I'm not sure a case that old would have the places to put air filters but damn, I remember the old FX5200's...I couldn't afford one lol.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        Discussing autopsies, gruesome ways to die, Guro and Vore, and all sorts of other nasties at the dinner table helps quite a bit. His stomach isn't iron-clad yet, but I'm working on him.

Hmm. I'm feeling like some Italian cuisine again tonight.
        I should point out that I am also slowly putting workhorse here off flying in return

Quoth Victoria J View Post
        *Hangs head in shame*

I may look into that - but I probably ought to learn to clean it out myself. I'm not scared to open the case and switch out components so I don't know why I fear cleaning it.

Oh, yes I do. I hate cleaning.

Edited to add - if I could take my whole flat somewhere to have it cleaned out with compressed air I would. Goodbye cobwebs !

Victoria J
        lol. well, if you want a few computer tips and tricks, particually regarding cleaning, Send me a PM. I am from the UK aswell so I can give you a list of all the shops, the exact things you need to buy, etc
        -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

I should point out that I am also slowly putting workhorse here off flying in return
          There are still a few horror stories about flying that our little Work Pony hasn't been told (over and over and over and over and over) yet so......

I hate flying, I feel RetailWorkhorse should too.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            There are still a few horror stories about flying that our little Work Pony hasn't been told (over and over and over and over and over) yet so......

I'm a big fan of the series "Air crash investigations" ...he keeps telling me I am not allowed to tell him abou the plane crashes they investigate ^^;

Comment

A friend of mine found a dead family of mice in once machine he worked on, took pictures of the stains and everything...
              "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                A friend of mine found a dead family of mice in once machine he worked on, took pictures of the stains and everything...
                ...that beats any and all of my experiences so far, hands down o.o;

Comment

I'll still get on a plane to kick your butt, Nii-chan.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

I LIKE flying. It's the crashes I could do without.

I'm a big fan of the series "Air crash investigations" ...he keeps telling me I am not allowed to tell him about the plane crashes they investigate ^^;
                  You're allowed to tell me about them...but you go on and on and ON about them!
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Dear lord, that is most certainly an example of too much information!
                    This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

lol. I'm not sure a case that old would have the places to put air filters but damn, I remember the old FX5200's...I couldn't afford one lol.
                      It doesn't, of course. The FX5200 was acquired by the time they'd found their way to the bargain bin, and it was pretty cheap. I suspect they were cheap due to that line having a particular manufacturing defect in a lot, but that same defect is also why it'd prolly be a better match for this puter about now. Every single card from that lot that I know about had the fan header die.

They don't seem to overheat, mine held up being ran hard for EQ for a long time, but the fan quit and when tested by a shop, the header was dead...the fan itself was fine. We had 2, and a couple of friends got theirs at the same time. All died within about 2 months of each other, and in each case the card kept going as if nothing had happened.

Better than that blasted noise, I tell you :-)
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I know that I don't need to quote the text that made me grab the bleach...but I do believe we'll probably run out it before this post is over.

I mean, why would you tell someone that? I mean, lucky for you, he did - that way you wouldn't go digging around his laptops sticky parts.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                          I'll still get on a plane to kick your butt, Nii-chan.

I LIKE flying. It's the crashes I could do without.

You're allowed to tell me about them...but you go on and on and ON about them!

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
                          Dear lord, that is most certainly an example of too much information!
                          think about how I felt when I was there with him...after having closely examined what I learned to be cum. *shudders*

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                          It doesn't, of course. The FX5200 was acquired by the time they'd found their way to the bargain bin, and it was pretty cheap. I suspect they were cheap due to that line having a particular manufacturing defect in a lot, but that same defect is also why it'd prolly be a better match for this puter about now. Every single card from that lot that I know about had the fan header die.

They don't seem to overheat, mine held up being ran hard for EQ for a long time, but the fan quit and when tested by a shop, the header was dead...the fan itself was fine. We had 2, and a couple of friends got theirs at the same time. All died within about 2 months of each other, and in each case the card kept going as if nothing had happened.

Better than that blasted noise, I tell you :-)
                          you can get fanless coolers for those, you know. I mean, the fanned ones wern't that big if I remember rightly. just get a "Hedgehog"

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

I know that I don't need to quote the text that made me grab the bleach...but I do believe we'll probably run out it before this post is over.

I mean, why would you tell someone that? I mean, lucky for you, he did - that way you wouldn't go digging around his laptops sticky parts.
                          some people are actually PROUD of the fact they can gross people out like that. it mainly appears to be customers, for some reason
                          Last edited by AdvancedFlea; 05-25-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

Victoria J
                            If you find a place that does that, let me know!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

think about how I felt when I was there with him...after having closely examined what I learned to be cum. *shudders*
                              I have to say, this definitely beats the roach guy we had come in...
                              This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

We actually have an air compressor in our garage. I have been knowen to get it out, charge the cylinder up and use it in leu of the hoover...which usually sucseeds in annoying my dad and his secutary. Hayley's actual words to me "If you get that F**king air compressor out again and start blasting f**king s**t all round this f**king office instead of f**king hoovering it, I'll f**king LAMP you"

...Hayley is not the most patient person in the world when it comes to me acting like an idiot with a large, noisey device that distracts her from her work.

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
                                I have to say, this definitely beats the roach guy we had come in...
                                roach guy? dare I ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X