This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System crashed causing hell (long)

The day was busy as hell. We were short handed and it was Memorial day weekend. Well, about twenty mins before I am about to leave (I had to stay an extra hour to due it being extremely busy) and our credit card system went down. I'm thinking ohh crap.

Right as mine went down someone came into my window with a credit card receipt. Normally we ask for their ID and the card that they used so that we can pull up the transaction that they had already processed at the atm. Now, lucky me cuz my favorite supervisor just happened to have walked out and calmly explained it to the gentleman in my window. He took it well.

Now, the woman AFTER him...

I realize she wants to do the same thing as him and I HATE explaining that our system has crashed and there is nothing we can do. Honestly I do feel really bad about telling people this but I am just the middle man (woman) hehe

Me: Unfortunately ma'am our system has gone down...

SC: Well, when will it be back up?

Me: Try back in like 10-15 mins. My supervisior is calling the company right now.

SC: (gets this evil look on her face, which I can understand it is terrible annoying) I'm going to hold YOU on that. And left.

Certainly not the end of that...

About TWO mins later she's back in line. Luckily she did not go into my window. BUT she landed in the one next to mine and was asking several questions to the cashier next to me whom I swear is a moron.
    DC-dumb cashier (A fellow cw who needs to pay more attention to people)

DC: The system is down.

SC: Well, I'm leaving in a few hours when will the money go back onto my card?

DC: It takes a few hours for it to drop out of our system. So you can come back later on tonight to get it once the system is back up.

Umm, not what she asked you...

SC: NO, I'm leaving TONIGHT.

SC was trying to explain she's leaving soon and needs the money now cuz she won't be here later... Cashier could not grasp concept.

At some point DC just started to IGNORE the customer and count her money. I was

Other cashier next to DC explained what was going to happen. SC left and said thank you to other cashier. I didn't step in because I was busy and I got yelled at for trying to help DC earlier. Yelled at by her of course...

Now, this is the real sucky part... I was counting out by this time and it was been about 20-30 mins since the system went down.

Swing had left and it was the graveyard shift and its supervisors. I was the second to last swing person to go. Anyway, as I'm counting out SC returns and she is ANGRY.

The grave supervisor (GS) goes out there and tries to handle things. The woman is loud and hysterical.

SC: I demand that you give me my money RIGHT NOW. I've been waiting an HOUR for my money.

LIE. I would have been home by that time. I told the GS infront of the customer just how long ago the system went down...

GS: Unfortunately ma'am we can't do anything until our systems come back up.

SC: This is your fault! Your atm. You are responsible. I demand a written letter from you.

GS.No. The ATM is owned by a separate company. We have no ties to them. They've been notified and are currently working on the problem. We will not write a letter.

SC: You will. I demand it.

GS: No.

SC: I want YOUR boss.

GS: Well, she'll be here first thing tomorrow morning...

SC: Get me someone right now! I want YOUR boss!

Rants some more and they grab a pit boss manager because technically they are higher than my cage supervisors.

So PB guy comes down all confused and tries to sort the crap out.

The lady is just shrieking. Nothing will calm her down.

SC: My card was approved in the atm, now give me my damned money!

GS explained again that we have no way to run her card and we require that system because otherwise she'd be able to get her money for free and it wouldn't be pulled off her card permantely. It stays in a sort of limbo until we pull it up on our computers. But it will go back into the account in a few days. We don't tell customers about the few days thing.... Crappy, I know.

SC caused more of a scene and had the PB trying to calm her down.

SC: I want ALL Of your names!!

Like that ever does any good.

She bitched and moaned and said how crappy we are and everything under the sun. Now, I understand being upset but its NOT our fault. We are not the owners of the machine or the computer or the problem. We have to handle the situation as best as we can.

Finally, after her bitching up a storm guess what? The system went back up. But I think she stomped away before they could tell her.

I honestly do agree it was a sucky situation but don't take it out on the people with no control.
    Last edited by Anakah; 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM. Reason: Sentence wouldn't have made sense

Right lady. We have your money right here. We could easily just hand it to you and send you on your way, but we just love your pleasant company and tone of voice, so we're gonna hold on to it a little longer.

By the way, even though she's "leaving town tomorrow," something tells me she'll be speaking to head boss in the morning about how rude, unprofessional, and unhelpful everyone was.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      SC: I want ALL Of your names!!

Like that ever does any good.
      Doesn't stop 'em from demanding it. But it is always fun to watch. "Here's my name. Please get me fired. I don't like my job." And then, nothing happens. Disappointment ensues.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
      X