Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sort of boggles my mind. Not only did the SC get a bike for free, but the Store Director was basically paying her to take it and for what reason? She wasn't happy that she didn't get it free originally? Tell me there's someone above the management idiot that can be talked to about that situation, well armed with documents backing up the huge amount of money she just flushed down the reeking SC toilet of doom. Gah!
    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      People used to be APPRECIATIVE when you went above and beyond, now they complain about it. This culture of "100% satisfaction" guarantees and "customer is always right" policies just drives me mad sometimes.

The common sense checks on a "customer is always right" policy has been omitted by most corporate types. Specifically, that you are not a customer until you buy something, and if you want everything for free, you never bought anything.

Comment

This story is so horribly wrong, in so many horrible ways, it makes me shudder.

When did paying for stuff you want become optional ?

I think most countries have laws that prevent sales at a loss, but since you spent a couple hundreds on this bike, the store actually lost more than a hundred bucks in that sale.

And yet, some one thought it was not enough and went and refunded the SC their 25 bucks.

What's the sense in that ?

So horribly wrong, in so many horrible ways...
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
          This sort of boggles my mind. Not only did the SC get a bike for free, but the Store Director was basically paying her to take it and for what reason? She wasn't happy that she didn't get it free originally? Tell me there's someone above the management idiot that can be talked to about that situation, well armed with documents backing up the huge amount of money she just flushed down the reeking SC toilet of doom. Gah!
          Lamentably, I wouldn't bet on it.

This manager seems to be one of those who thinks "the customer is boss, and what the bass wants the boss gets."

If anybody higher up would attempt to speak to the manager about this, the manager could just say "But I retained the customer" and that would make everything okay.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            If anybody higher up would attempt to speak to the manager about this, the manager could just say "But I retained the customer" and that would make everything okay.
            But they haven't retained a 'customer'.
            They've retained an entitlement whore who undeservedly got something for free when she should have gotten a boot up the ass.
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
              But they haven't retained a 'customer'.
              They've retained an entitlement whore who undeservedly got something for free when she should have gotten a boot up the ass.
              You know that, I know that, everybody on this board knows that.

Corporate likely doesn't.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                Couple hundred after finding parts/waiting for the bike rep to come in and work on it.
                Ok, color me confused.

Why would you spend over $100 in the company's money to sell a bike for $25?

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You know I am looking forward to getting away from that corporate mentality of trying to keep everyone happy even when what you actually did to keep them happy was still not enough.

People need to learn that we can not bend over backwards for everyone, if you do that you'll end up breaking your back. That is exactly like what has been happening down here in Australia recently as our new government just put out their first budget. Now me as a reasonable person understands that the budget is not going to work in everyone's favour, but still people get all up in arms that those that really need the help were getting it and those that in my opinion can really look after themselves did not get as much made such a bloody uproar over it that they essentially looked like entitlement whores.

Sorry that was a bit off topic but it goes to the same line that in trying to keep everyone happy you will spread everything way to thin to the point where it will all fall apart. Look at some of the big corporations that have fallen flat on their face recently. Did they end up losing a lot of money by trying to keep entitlement whores and scammers happy? Food for thought that one.
                  Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Ok, color me confused.

Why would you spend over $100 in the company's money to sell a bike for $25?

^-.-^
                    Why did S do it? Probably because she wanted to get this lady the bike to give to her EW children for Christmas. S really is a nice person.
                    Why was it done at all? The bike probably would have been repaired at expense anyway. As we all know, keeping the customer happy is more important than making money. Because that SC represents magical future money that's way more important than real-time now money.

It wasn't until the SC came back in that she turned SCEW.
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
                    X