This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting WIN

I'm putting this here because it is a sighting, even though no suck was involved!

Short one:
    Was in the grocery store yesterday... supervisor (S) was making her rounds along the registers. and asked one of the cashiers (C) if she had any stickers in her drawer....

S: C, do you have any stickers in your drawer?
    C: Yes... here <pulls out roll> lots of them
    S: You need to make sure you put them on the cases of water or give them to customer, okay?
    C: Okay <hands sticker to customer>
    S: Great, thanks <moves on>

I was just super impressed how S handled this... I wish I could convey the way she came across... almost like a coach would d
    o when you are practicing a routine....
    Last edited by It's me; 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Okay, had to re-read a few times to get what was going on.
    So, what you're saying is, a higher-up actually dispensed training rather than snaps or snarls or down-talk?
    YAY! This is the type of management psych. that gets taught by the humane/decent places. Much less stress involved for the peons, and thus much more job satisfaction, and thus more customer satisfaction. Relaxing all around, really! XD
    That supervisor needs cookies. Or deep-fried bacon and cheese bits.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Can we clone her and put her on my shift at work?

I am so tired of hearing "Is this done yet?" "Are you done yet?" "What's wrong with it now?" or "Are you having a problem again?!" that I could puke.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's sad days we live in when seeing someone do their job well is cause for celebration, isn't it?
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          So, what you're saying is, a higher-up actually dispensed training rather than snaps or snarls or down-talk?
          Yes, exactly. The supervisor just corrected the cashier in very a low-key, matter of fact way and moved on to other things.

Comment

Actually, there is "suck" in this story -- but not what you would think. What sucks is that this is considered unusual these days! It shouldn't be rare, but too often is.
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

same here, i read it three times before I figured out the sighting was a manager actually training an employee properly.

I feel jaded.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                Yes, exactly. The supervisor just corrected the cashier in very a low-key, matter of fact way and moved on to other things.
                Man I wish some of our trainers at the Lobby had done that. There was one lady... L... who would come up to you and say in the most condescending tone

..."Alright. Look at this wall. What is wrong with it?"

......um I don't know... looks fine to me.
                "well it's not. X Y Z are ALL completely wrong. YOU need to redo this and do it RIGHT this time" *walk off*
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  same here, i read it three times before I figured out the sighting was a manager actually training an employee properly.

I feel jaded.
                  Sorry about that. It was clear enough in my head when I wrote it!!!!!

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                    Sorry about that. It was clear enough in my head when I wrote it!!!!!
                    No, no-- I love it! It's subtle, but really isn't. (I love stuff like that, btw)
                    It's like getting a phone message from your sweetie, something to the effect of "we need to talk when you get home,"-- (uh oh, whut?); then getting home, going into your room, going back out-- and OMG sexy surprise!
                    It's fun to have random, good stuff dropped into your daily environment without mention or cause. :3
                    (... I made it sound like a zoo animal or something, )
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

It's fun to have random, good stuff dropped into your daily environment without mention or cause. :3
                      Be a rapturist:

Commit random senseless acts of kindness.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Be a rapturist:

Commit random senseless acts of kindness.
                        ... I think I shall. Thanks for the good idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X