This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
    I watched the 1st Twilight movie on cable. It seemed like everyone was on Valium.
    Nah they're just capturing how this area really is, we may have a huge meth problem, but oddly it seems like everyone's tired half the time and overcaffinated the other half.

Comment

Ah yes, the adventures of Lord Stalker McSparklepants, Princess Zoloft McAirhead, and Lord Fuzzybutt McPedophile make for gripping cinema.....

I've seen more gripping episodes of Scooby-Doo and better writing on the back of shampoo bottles.
      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Mass marketing kills any desire I have to watch a movie. I can't go to the bookstore/department store/etc without being assaulted by the marketing blitz surrounding these films.
        Same here. Or read a book (Harry Potter, I'm looking at you. I only started reading your series because my sister got assigned it in class, and we discovered it was better than we expected.) It used to be that the really good stuff didn't need that kind of marketing, so they didn't bother. Now they market decent (and some really good) stuff that way too, so it's horribly confusing.

As for the guy in the OP, I was at a friend's wedding recently. The best man, in his speech, commented that normally it's a sign of dedication when a guy watches a chick flick marathon with his girlfriend. However, when it's the guy's collector edition boxed set, he doesn't get that kind of credit. Although it's also possible that it's not that the guy in the OP wants to see Eclipse, but that he doesn't want to see Inception, doesn't want to see it with his girlfriend, knows that she'll give him a hard time if they don't go see his movie. Doesn't sound like it though.

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
          Ah yes, the adventures of Lord Stalker McSparklepants, Princess Zoloft McAirhead, and Lord Fuzzybutt McPedophile make for gripping cinema.....
          And I thought Sparkles the Vampire was good.

You win like a million billion internets.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I prefer to compare the Adventures of Sparkles the Vampire series to World Cup soccer.

Too long, boring, nobody scores, and all its fans insist you don't understand it at all.
            That's exactly what my brother says about Twilight.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why is everyone Irish?
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Twilight - Never read it, never seen it, don't get all the hype - though i did watch The Runaways recently and Kristin Stewart actually did an impressive job as Joan Jett

I do however watch TrueBlood, haven't read the books, but feel that TB is what Twilight wishes it could be - Darker, grittier, more sinister, better (imo).
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                  Why is everyone Irish?
                  Because it makes for an Awesome McCoolName.
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Why is everyone Scottish?
                    O'Blarney they are not.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      ...and I haven't read any of the books and I never even saw the first one until it was actually out on video...
                      I can't comment on the films, which I have heard are much better than the books, but I have read the books. The first 2.75, anyway. The quality of the writing is... not very good. At all. The books versions are the ones I think of when I mock fans, if that makes you feel any better. And I have been careful not to mock on the boards (the adventures of sparkly, indeed )
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I read the books, only because A. I needed something to read inbetween other books, and B. I really wanted to see what the hell everyone was talking about. The only book and movie I really enjoyed "reading" and "watching" was New Moon and only redeeming part about the movie (of which I watched over someone else's house) was a shirtless Jacob.

I just couldn't really get into the books or the movies, it doesn't appeal to me. I don't even see the romance between Bella and Edward, it looks like it's more of a forced relationship then an actual "I love you" type of relationship. It seems like Bella is the only one that's really "in love". *shrugs*
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I love you, too!

Why is everyone Irish?
                          Quoth dalesys View Post
                          O'Blarney they are not.
                          Ya beat me to it! I was thinking Scottish, too!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Remember folks, there are some people on the boards who like the books/films - so be gentle out there.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

haven't read the books yet - not sure if I want to. Have watched the movies - fairly entertaining, but I must admit I've always been a werewolf kind of gal.
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Whether or not you like Twilight, this blog gives some funny review of the books:

http://community.sparknotes.com/inde...ht-index-page/

Comment

Working...
                                X