Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black tank top+green pants=works at Wal-Mart? (LANGUAGE!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank top+green pants=works at Wal-Mart? (LANGUAGE!!)

Apparently to this woman. I was shopping in Wally World because they have all sorts of back to school nonsense going on, and that means cheap dorm furniture/appliances/stuff. It's good for my apartment. As the title implies, I was wearing a pair of dark green cargo pants and a black tank top. Not what an employee would be wearing, basically.

This woman walks up to me, looks at me for a few moments before asking the infamous line, "Do you work here?"

Now... I'm curious at this point, so I just blink and reply, "Well... No, ma'am. What would make you think I work here?"

I don't know if she was just frustrated, or batshit fucking insane, but she FREAKED on me. I mean, I've heard stories of customers yelling at people who don't even work where they're shopping before, but I never thought it would happen to me. Ever. She was flat out screaming at me at what sounded like the top of her lungs! I couldn't for the life of me tell you what she was saying; I tuned her out after she said something about how when she was my age, they were taught to respect people. Lady, you look like you're maybe a little older than 30. You're MAYBE 10 years older than me. Shut the fuck up.

I'm not one to suffer idiots when I don't have to, so about now I start to plot what I'm going to say when she finally shuts up. A good few minutes go by before she finally gives me the best piece to work from so far, "And I want to see your supervisor!"

"...Well... You're more than welcome to speak to my supervisor, but you're gonna have to start walking about 6 miles down the road."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"I do not work here. You fuckwit. You just spent the last five minutes yelling at a customer who is just trying to get her shopping done and acting like an asshole. Even if I WERE an employee, you have NO right to be talking like you were to ANYONE, since you were speaking so self-importantly about respect. Now I hope that you don't find an employee to help you at all, and that if you do, they refuse to help you. I dunno if you're fucking insane, or if you're just an asshole, but either way they shouldn't have to put up with you."

I walk off, her face is beet red with what I hope was embarrassment, and I felt a little better about my day.
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Awesome! You deserve a after dealing with that crazy bitch.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

you win internets. And a date with Lupo, no doubt. <3
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

That was awesome!

Comment

That...that was brilliant!!!

What do you want to bet she found a manager to complain to about you??
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I can't claim to really care if she found a manager. I think I saw two or three employees scuttle off about the time I told her I hoped she wouldn't be able to find someone to help her, so I almost think one of them probably went and told the manager.

I AM friends with quite a few of the employees, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them had been around. I can't say much when I'm at work any more because I don't work for a tiny, privately owned company like I used to, but I can sure as hell let people who deserve it have it when they're jackasses in other stores.
            I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

I love it. Obviously she didn't even hear you when you said you didn't work there. What a moron. Maybe next time she'll think first. Then again...probably not.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

three big cheers for melodious! of course, you get the complimentary cookie basket as well.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

*passes Alcohol Basket*

You deserve it.

Im surprised no one (manager wise) came up to see what was going on.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                    Im surprised no one (manager wise) came up to see what was going on.
                    I'd be more concerned if there wasnt someone screaming at the top of their lungs in walmart.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I got that once when I was shopping in Target. I was actually wearing a red polo shirt and cargo pants. I didn't even make the connection until several days later when I was telling a coworker about the story and they asked me what I was wearing at the time.

I was looking through a display of clearance items at the time this occured. A woman walked up to me and it went something like this...

Her: Does this store sell bug spray?

Me: (not realizing she thought I worked there) I would imagine so. You can pick up that phone over there and it will connect you to somebody who can tell you.

Her: You won't help me?

Me: I don't know if Target sells it or not. I told you what to do to find out.

Her: Then you go find out for me.

Me: (now realizing) Ma'am, I don't work here.

Her: Yes you do. You better change your attitude now or I'm going to get you in trouble.

Me: Ma'am, I told you that I don't work here. I am not lying to you. See this basket? I am buying this stuff and I am a customer just like you. Now, with all due respect, leave me the hell alone.

She stormed off and came back a few minutes later with a manager.

Her: Right there.

Mgr: That guy doesn't work here.

Me: That's what I tried to tell her.

She made a catbutt face and walked off. The manager apologized to me, but I just laughed it off.

I made a mental note not to wear a red shirt to Target ever again.

Comment

I think I saw two or three employees scuttle off about the time I told her I hoped she wouldn't be able to find someone to help her
                        either that or they were running for their lives to escape before she saw them

Comment

A black tank top and green cargo pants
                          I'm all dressed up for Wal-Mart

apologies to Marty Robbins
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            either that or they were running for their lives to escape before she saw them
                            I've done that.

*walks towards the counter, sees known sc, hollers at manager* oh girl, im gonna be over here doin dishes for the next half hour *runs off*
                            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

It shouldn't matter what you are wearing, people should be courteous enough to except the answer of, "I do not work here". IF they can't accept that and they persist then they deserve whatever gets heaped on them. I wear a blue shirt that looks like a best buy shirt but I'm not about to not shop there because of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X