Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black tank top+green pants=works at Wal-Mart? (LANGUAGE!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
    This woman walks up to me, looks at me for a few moments before asking the infamous line, "Do you work here?"

Now... I'm curious at this point, so I just blink and reply, "Well... No, ma'am. What would make you think I work here?"
    I think I know what happened. The customer heard this line, and thought MB was being sarcastic, as in saying 'Well, obviously I work here stupid!'

Which leads to her blowing up at the 'sarcastic, smart-ass employee'.

Now, the missing piece is how on earth she decided MB was an employee there, and with enough certainty to decide the above reply was meant sarcastically.
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

A question I have yet to answer :/

I dunno. I kinda wanna chalk it up to just having a bad day, but at the same time, I couldn't let her just walk off after berating ANYONE like that, let alone me.
      I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Aaaah! Evil death fish from the deep! Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Somehow, my boyfriend and I got asked about paint while at the craft store. We gave the lady a few pointers, but then she seemed to expect us to pick-out a complete color scheme for her and tell her how to do textures. We made excuses to get out of there fast!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          You'd think people would look for the name tags . . . .
          Sometimes name tags fall off.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The person who was threatened with a write up should have challenged the manager to do it and marched right with him to do it and let them continue to put his asshat on even tighter.
            Imagine the fun that could be had....

Comment

Quoth Calvin St.Hobbes View Post
              The person who was threatened with a write up should have challenged the manager to do it and marched right with him to do it and let them continue to put his asshat on even tighter.
              Imagine the fun that could be had....
              I looked him in the eye and said something like, "Okay, tough guy, let's go, but first, what's my name?"

He looked startled and said, "Excuse me?"

I said, "What. Is. My. Name? What department do I work in? Who is my immediate supervisor? If you're going to write me up or give me a talking to or whatever don't you think you should know that? Hmmm?"

Still startled. He fumfuhed for a bit.

I said, "You don't know my name. And do you know why you don't know my name? Hmmm? Because. I. Don't. Work. Here. You. Idiot."

He recovered a bit, "Well, I don't think that kind of talk is helping things."

I upped the volume a bit, "Yeah, you 'don't think' all right. This stupid, stupid woman harasses one of your customers." And I held up my shopping basket, full of stuff. "See, customer? Shopping? Don't work here!"

He stepped back a bit, "Well, if we could all just calm down. . . "

I stepped forward, right in his face. "I was shopping, and this woman starts yelling at me for not helping her. I DON'T WORK HERE! And then she drags YOU (I poked him in the chest at that) out here and when I tell you I DON'T WORK HERE you threaten me? And you want ME to calm down? I want your NAME, sonny, I want your supervisor's NAME and I want their supervisor's NAME, sonny! I'm going to take a giant SHIT in your life for harassing me, sonny!"

Not my finest hour, maybe, but I was very, very angry at how stupid people can be, and how stubborn they can be in clinging to their stupidity.
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Sounded like it would have been really fun to say to someone....

Comment

Who could blame you Tony? I don't care how spineless the manager is, they don't try to throw another customer under the bus to appease a SC. Probably nicer then I would have been under those circumstances, though for a moment I would have probably had a look on my face at the audacity.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Tony's post once again just shows the new low in standards for mangement spinelesness, stupidity, lowest common denominator, promoting people way above their level of incomptetence, and corp. parroting.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post

I stepped forward, right in his face. "I was shopping, and this woman starts yelling at me for not helping her. I DON'T WORK HERE! And then she drags YOU (I poked him in the chest at that) out here and when I tell you I DON'T WORK HERE you threaten me? And you want ME to calm down? I want your NAME, sonny, I want your supervisor's NAME and I want their supervisor's NAME, sonny! I'm going to take a giant SHIT in your life for harassing me, sonny!"

Not my finest hour, maybe, but I was very, very angry at how stupid people can be, and how stubborn they can be in clinging to their stupidity.
                      Well now don't keep us in suspense. How did it end. Did he apologize? Run away like a scalded dog with his tail between his legs? Please do tell me this idiot got some sort punishment.
                      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                        The morons like in the OP however who just start annoying random people... I am going to invent a carp cannon to shoot those people with... or maybe a carp-apult. Either way, fish-to-the-head WILL be done.
                        Why not just use Adam West's cat launcher?
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

He spent a few minutes groveling for forgiveness from me, while also trying to placate Crazy Woman, who was hypering herself into a frenzy DEMANDING that he punish me for not helping her. Every manager's dream--two customers yelling at him in direct opposition to each other. He ended up calling an assistant manager up to deal with Crazy Woman.

Crazy Woman kept insisting that I was, in fact, an employee of Target, and my denials were just a thinly veiled attempt at avoiding my richly deserved punishment. But she was merely crazy. I, clearly, wanted to damage somebody, or break something really big.

I find the whole thing funny. Now. Then, I was just so pissed. Not mad, not upset, pissed. To the point that I ended up not paying for the stuff in my basket. The guy didn't get canned or anything, but when I started going back (after avoiding the place for a couple-three months) he'd spot me and walk briskly away from me.

Presumably after learning a valuable lesson in the importance of finding out just what's going on before trying to fix things.
                          I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Oh geez! Why people think we work in places we don't work is beyond me!

I had a big floppy hat on with an over sized t-shirt and shorts and had a woman lodge a complaint with a manager because I would not help her and having a bad attitude. Me, with a bad attitude? Who would have thought? The manager told her I didn't work there and that I have never worked there. She wasn't buying it.

I have had people think I work in a store when I was in there and my little guy was holding my hand. How many employees bring their small children to work?

I also seem to work in all the places in my town according to the idiots in my town. I haven't worked face to face with the public since I worked Security and it wasn't in any places people think I work.

The more crazy the person is the more they will want to talk to me. I hate pretty much everyone but I haven't mastered giving off that vibe, but I'm working on it.
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                              Every manager's dream--two customers yelling at him in direct opposition to each other.
                              What, and the universe didn't implode? After all, the customer is always right, but there were two customers opposing each other.
                              Last edited by MadMike; 09-15-2010, 04:38 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell "customer"
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                                What, and the universe didn't implode? After all, the customer is always right, but there were two costumers opposing each other.
                                One was left. (on the)
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X