This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eisa View Post
    I so want to go to a gay bar... I can't believe we have one here, we're like conservative/religious central. Buuuttt I don't wanna get drunk, so I don't really want to go to a bar...

I can't imagine begging other people to buy me drinks just because it's a bachelorette party, though. That sounds SOOOO trashy. "Here, lemme flash my boobs at you even though I'm getting married soon!" Although to be fair, the bride wouldn't necessarily flash anyone...it just seems kinda wrong to do that though if you're engaged and about to be married. Maybe my prude streak is showing.
    go to the bar and overpay for straight coke. no one can tell the difference between a jack and coke and just coke in a glass.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Oooh, thank you, Whiskey. If I ever get a chance to go there with my friends then, I shall do that.

[Heh, I also say I don't want to get drunk because like...I have ONE Smirnoff Ice and I get tipsy. I had a rum and Pepsi once, and I got...almost drunk. I don't handle booze well. ]
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        I thought that the ladies RECEIVED the beads for, um, "flashing." I'd be glad to do the same, but they'd probably need a few gallons of brain bleach afterwards. (Yeah, I'll lift my shirt for some beads -- but I ain't paying for them...)
        they sell you the beads buy drinks flash people get them back sell them again ect ect

wasnt that plain to see?

Comment

Dude, my bachelorette party? Hit the awesomest straight-friendly gay bar in town, then invite them all to my place for the MALE STRIPPER!

Also cake.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

In my professional experience, there is nothing worse for complaint-generating, noise-causing, damage-inducing, puke-spewing, mess-making, bathroom-OH-MY-FUCKING-GODing, rude, cheap, pushy, nasty, obnoxious, overly-self-entitled- "I'm a princess, consequences are for other people" SCs than a bachelorette party.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
              They must have been really drunk, because from what I've seen, gay bars make it pretty obvious that they are such.
              Not all of them.

I was going to meet some mates at a place one guy remembered from yesteryear. We got to the location and tried to find the pub called 'The Cock O' the North'. We looked all over - couldn't see it.

Eventually we were about to leave and we heard said chum calling us. Turned out it had had a name change to "The Rocket". Fair enough. Went in and started geeking out in one corner. The main conversation was about new computer chips on the market.

After about a half-hour, I looked around. "Bloke, bloke bloke bloke bloke bloke bloke..." All the way down one side. Same down the other side. I frowned and looked further around. "Ah, female - nope, she's serving drinks."

"Um, guys? You know we're in a gay bar?"

Steve, for that was his name, looked around. "Hmm, yes. And?"

"And nothing. So, about that new AMD chip..."

Odd start to a stag party. Also, I think they really should have kept the old name.

Rapscallion

Comment

I think that the current "Bridezilla" trend has made a lot of women scared to put their foot down regarding pre-wedding parties. And they just keep going downhill. I understand that the bachelorette parties are supposed to embarrass the bride. I don't understand why the rest of the women in the wedding party are supposed to be humiliated. (Clearly the organizer has no shame to begin with, if she thought that scheme was a good idea, but what are the odds that all of the couple's closest female friends are all without shame?)

Comment

I threw my sister's hen party. Along with her fiance's stag party.

Was kinda fun, having all the friends in one place. Great kickoff to the wedding weekend. We went to a local Mexican restaurant, known for its *very* good margaritas, and took over their lounge area (20 people under 30, half of whom are either med students, or working on their master's degree) for a lot of geeky conversation and the occasional toast. Everyone had fun, and we ended up with a great bit of networking.

Comment

At my friend's party, we just dressed up nice (read: like nice jeans and cute tops) and had penis wands and penis straws. No theme, no games, etc.

The same night, we saw a cat themed bachelorette party. A bunch of whorish looking girls in skin tight black leggings with leopard print tops and all wearing cat ear headbands. Wow. Tacky and stupid.

Don't even get me started on the other games bachelorettes play, like the shirt with tons of guys' names on it, where they have to find a "hot" guy with a name that's on the shirt and have that guy sign it. Get away from my boyfriend you nasty drunk trollops. I didn't think herpes could be airborne until now.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah...um....no.

No games at my sister's. Mostly cause HER FIANCE WAS RIGHT THERE.

We did get a sparkly tiara for her, though. It was plastic and it lit up with all sorts of blinky lights. Lots of fun.

Comment

I never got a bachelorette party. None of my female friends were party types, and my sister wouldn't inflict all the gag novelties on me. Plus I lived with my fiance, so...well, I just wasn't able to get away from him. He didn't want a stag party if I couldn't get a bachelorette party, so the week leading up to the wedding was very stressful with nothing to break it up.

The closest I got was me, my fiance, my sister, his brother, and a very close (male) friend of mine hitting up the boardwalk and going arcade hopping. But I think we did that AFTER the wedding.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Not all of them.
                          Very true, not all are obvious. Years back, in my single days between ex and DH, I was dating a guy (straight) who was sharing an apartment with a gay guy. When we all went out together (including his flatmate's boyfriend) we usually went to gay bars, cause we liked bars with music, and flatmate & his boyfriend wouldn't have dared to dance together at local straight bars, but none of the gay bars cared at all about a straight couple amongst them.

So anyway, my boyfriend & I were to meet the other two at a local bar one night, and arrived early. Now, this place had no way to tell it was a gay bar - the name didn't give it away, it had an entryway where you couldn't see into the bar itself, so you couldn't see it was all guys, it just looked like a very upscale nightclub. It was hilarious being met by the doorman, who attempted to basically try to find out if we knew what the club was, without saying it (this was the 80's, in the south, in a predominantly Navy town) so he wouldn't have a scene on his hands. The poor guy was obviously struggling as to how to manage this, so we did let him out of his misery quickly by telling him we were meeting friends, and knew exactly where we were

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Odd start to a stag party. Also, I think they really should have kept the old name.
                            omg yes. "cock of the north" sounds like a great name for a gay bar

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                              I so want to go to a gay bar... I can't believe we have one here, we're like conservative/religious central. Buuuttt I don't wanna get drunk, so I don't really want to go to a bar...

I can't imagine begging other people to buy me drinks just because it's a bachelorette party, though. That sounds SOOOO trashy. "Here, lemme flash my boobs at you even though I'm getting married soon!" Although to be fair, the bride wouldn't necessarily flash anyone...it just seems kinda wrong to do that though if you're engaged and about to be married. Maybe my prude streak is showing.
                              I actually had a date take me to one, way back in the day. We went to a nice dinner, then were going to a bar for a few drinks. We walk in and I realize it's a gay bar. I pointed this out to my date, but he said he thought I'd like the place. So not. I insisted he take me home. I'm not a homophobe, but the place was flagrantly, flaming gay, and mostly guys, so I can't image why he thought I'd "like it." Needless to say, it was our one and only date.

Not on topic, but boy can I pick 'em or what?
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                                Last time I set foot in a bar or nightclub was over 15 years ago . . . . Not my thing at all . . . now a nice restaurant with a bar is a different story. But I haven't been out for a girl's night out in probably a decade or better.
                                I don't feel so alone now. I will admit, though, that the last GNO was to go see the Men of American Male. I love beefcake!

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                                go to the bar and overpay for straight coke. no one can tell the difference between a jack and coke and just coke in a glass.
                                Better yet, tell the bartender you're the designated driver and get the soda for free.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                                Dude, my bachelorette party? Hit the awesomest straight-friendly gay bar in town, then invite them all to my place for the MALE STRIPPER! Also cake.
                                You're a lot more generous than I. As I mentioned above, I love beefcake. I hate having to fight off the drunk, horny, rude women at the shows to get to it; I refuse to have to compete with men, too.

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                                We got to the location and tried to find the pub called 'The Cock O' the North'. . . "The Rocket".

"Um, guys? You know we're in a gay bar?"

Steve, for that was his name, looked around. "Hmm, yes. And?"
                                LOL!!! I love those names! You've also got a really cool friend, too. I had a friend who would probably break out in hives if he realized he'd been sitting in a booth that gay men had been sitting in. He was a great guy, and had a "live-and-let-live" attitude about gays, but only so long as they weren't living right next to him.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                                Not on topic, but boy can I pick 'em or what?
                                What have I told you about throwing me straight lines like that?
                                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                                X