This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kroger customer wanted refund for an item bought at a different location

While I was waiting in line at the courtesy booth at the Krogers near where I live I witnessed this exchange between the courtesy booth operator & a customer.

Customer is returning items she bought at that location. Courtesy booth operator does the return. Then the customer hands her a receipt, & asks "can I get a refund for these?" *points at the item on the receipt* The courtesy booth operator looks at the receipt & says "Ma'am this receipt is from a different location. I cannot give you a refund for an item that was bought at a different location." The customer says "Well...I bought that item at the location stated on the receipt, but I left it there. I cannot get a refund for it here?" The courtesy booth operator told her no.

When I got up to the counter the phone rang. I'm guessing it was store management because the courtesy booth operator told whoever called exactly what happened between her & the customer. I'm guessing the customer complained to store management because the courtesy booth operator would not give her a refund for an item she bought at another location but forgot to take with her.

That kind of sucks. I've never had a store tell me I couldn't return something at a different location. However, the difference is the response. Mine generally goes "oh, that sucks, thanks."
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I don't think that's the issue. Sounds like the SC accidentally left behind her purchase and is now asking an unrelated store to take the financial hit. Instead, she should have called the original store and had them look for her items and note it down somewhere for a refund at a later date. My former store would actually view videotape (if they knew when the incident took place) to confirm if the customer was lying through their teeth. Had quite a few scammers, as you can imagine.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        cannot give you a refund for an item that was bought at a different location." The customer says "Well...I bought that item at the location stated on the receipt, but I left it there. I cannot get a refund for it here?"
        Nope, genius. This location doesn't have your money for the item you left behind. They're not going to want to have the till not balance because you're forgetful.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i admit to leaving items after a purchase, but i generally let it go and chalk it up to my own stupidity. (unless it's a high dollar item, but i generally don't miss those often )

yah, that's silly; go to the store you bought it from...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I don't think that's the issue. Sounds like the SC accidentally left behind her purchase and is now asking an unrelated store to take the financial hit
            I totally skipped over that part. My reading skills suck =(
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
            X