Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember all of those HIGH priced collectables....????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember all of those HIGH priced collectables....????

well most of them are worth .............. ALMOST NOTHING NOW

remember when the Bennie Babies craze happened???? or tthat rare Poke-mon card that was supposedly worth $3000????? or the infamous Cabbage Patch craze????

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/1..._lnk3%7C184113

someone was laughing all the way to the bank.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Items are only worth any value if someone declares them so. And collectors tend to stay FAR away from anything that's easily damaged or degrades quickly (unless they are preserved) or are easily faked. Guess what of those three categories plushies count toward?

(I'll give you a hint, it's more than one)
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've seen people try to sell Franklin Mint crap thinkin' it's worth money,"They only made 50 bazillion of them so they're rare!",yeah,right lady.
      Rarity does nor equal value.i have a knife that's no longer made & I saw a couple on eBay,Buy It Now was $150 & $100 but no bids.

On the other hand I have a 1959 (supposedly only made in '60-'61 but mine's marked '59) set of Ludwigs in Black Galaxy that,on the rare occasion that they show up,go for $4000 or more,almost twice what an identical set in the more common finishes bring.

I think it's hilarious when somebody on ebay puts up an early '70s Acrolite snare & screams RARE VINTAGE DRUM!!! & has some ridiculous price of $500 or more on it.Guy,they turned out 1000s of them,they were the most popular student drum in the country.Or a mid '60s to early '70s Big Beat kit,Ludwig was working 3 shifts to turn out enough sets back then,rare they're not.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        I've never really understood the whole 'collect because it is/will be valuable' mindset. I only buy/collect things that I like. Hell, I still collect hockey cards!
        Quoted for truth. If you're only collecting an item for the resale value, ebay sellers aside, then you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Comment

Working...
        X