Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuse me while I talk on my cell phone. I'm not actually buying gas.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me while I talk on my cell phone. I'm not actually buying gas.

I bought a tank of gas today at a corner Shell station where getting in is very tight. When you turn in, you have to be careful as the pump is nearly out in the street. In fact, I almost collided with another person heading my way, but all was well there.

I probably spent about ten minutes at this station from the moment I pulled in. While there, on the pump across from me, was this woman in her Nissan XTerra, yapping away on her cell phone. Now, because my car was close to empty, it took a few minutes to pump the gas as the pumps ran slow. Usually, when all of them are being used (or, almost all, as in this story), the do not seem to run at normal speed.

So, in five long minutes of pumping, not to mention the other five I spent waiting for a pump, Cell Woman never once got out of her XTerra to pump gas. She had her window down, screaming at whomever it was she was speaking with, and with one nasty God-awful looking foot laying on her dashboard, picking at her toes and toenails.

This place was busy for a Saturday afternoon, so busy in fact that I pulled into a nearby parking space afterward and alerted one of the employees inside about it. I don't usually do things like that, but I made an exception today. Too bad I didn't stick around to see the outcome.

There is one bright side to this I suppose. At least she was parked and not yapping away with her nasty foot up while driving. But, there were parking spaces she could have pulled into. Rude!
Working...
X