This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can bloody well spell that!!

Some people today thought it would be "helpful" to spell out some words to me on searches. A couple of notable examples:

* A woman spelled out S-I-T-E-S. One of the easiest words today spelled out to me.

*Oh, I forgot. Someone spelled out the acronym for CIA. Dur, like I could mistake that for the FBI or ATF or DSS (Guess that acronym, i'm willing to bet not everyone here knows what DSS means).

* And obviously I can't tell the difference between B-A-R-O-N-S (As in Robber Baron) and B-A-R-R-O-N-S (The name of a Financial Newspaper. Oh yeah, WE DON'T SELL NEWSPAPERS NITWIT!!) I so really wanted to punch this guy given I watch MSNBC religiously.

Department of Social Services.

Delusional Semiretired Succubus?

Demented Spelling Services?

Deranged Sociopathic Secretaries!?

there were some others... but I'll spare you... for now.
    *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
    *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Delinquent Social Status
      Delectable Slimey Sausage
      Disobedient Silly Sod

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Dip Shit Services?
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

So they pointed out they were saying sites instead of sights.

I fully admit that I am one of those people whom will spell out words when more than one option is possible . . .or I am not sure I am pronouncing it correctly. Especially when over the phone and I can't tell how good of reception you have.
          I also over the phone can't tell that I have someone that knows their job vs summer/ holiday help. Unless I am a regular and know who on the staff to trust.

Comment

Degenerate Skiing Society?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Demented Sewer Slugs?
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Defense Security Service?

Digital Signature Standard?

Digitized Sky survey?

Decision Support System?

....Balloons?
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Damn Stupid Siblings

Doctors of Scientific Studies

Deliciously Sleek Sungods

Dynamic Spigot Spewers

ok I'm dun.
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Don't Suck on Sasquatch
                    Do Smack Shitheads
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I'm confused : How exactly can you not spell CIA ? As far as I know (not that I would know much, since I'm not a local, but...) it's pronounced See-Eye-Hay, whatever happens. What am I missing there ?

Random Fun Fact : In France, we pronounce FBI like we would in English (Eff-Bee-Eye) but say CIA the French way (Say-He-Ah). Never understood why.
                      Last edited by Samaliel; 07-22-2008, 05:47 AM.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

It pisses me off when people tell me the airport codes, and not even the obscure ones.

"Yes, I'll be leaving out of Madison, Wisconsin. That's MSN, and travelling into Columbus, Ohio...oh, that's CMH'

Um, yeah - I learned the codes in 1988, thanks very much.

Usually I just roll my eyes...most of the time I don't think they realize they sound like nitwits.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I am throwing my hat into the ring with this one

Digital Signature Standard
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Deliberately Sucky Smartass?
                            "Sir, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick one hundred percent of your ass!" - "Brad Hamilton", Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Comment

Figured the ATF and FBi clues would be a good hint. Oh well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma...curity_Service

Comment

Working...
                              X