Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this story is sort of off topic , but it is the story of how I lost my little fur baby, just so an evil room mate could keep up with her ex husband.

I had a room mate years ago, she owned the house and I lived with her and paid rent. Anyway, I had a frisky little dog who loved everyone, but she insisted he be in a kennel when I was at work. She would not take him out for any reason.

Well, her ex-husband got remarried, and she couldn't have him out do her, so she got married when I was at work and didn't tell me till I got home. Trust me, if her ex husband fell off a cliff, the next day she would have too.

So, I'm told to move out because her new husband (that she has known all of two weeks) is moving in. I do, but my new landlord told me I can't move in with my dog with me. I left him there thinking she would take care of him for me. I guess that was just too much, because she calls me and says "Me and Mr. Trophy Husband can't take care of your dog, because he is so little and we have bad backs"

Okay, so I take him and find him a good home with good people where he lived happily till he died. I was very heart broken to have to give him up and he tried to follow me out, because I was his mommy and I wouldn't leave him. Yes, I cried a lot when I got back to my car and for weeks afterwards.

I stopped talking to the stupid bitch who was my room mate when I walked by her house one day and she is outside with a dog smaller than mine was and tells me how Mr Trophy husband and her picked out this cute little dog for their family pet.

I told her how much smaller a dog it was than mine and how their backs must have been a miracle heal. She gave me a blank look and still to this day can not understand why I would have any reason to never speak to her again.

See, if he had stayed with her I could have still come by to see him since I moved to a place close by, but the home I gave him to was too far away for me to get to with my POS car.

I still miss my little fur baby, dammit!
    Last edited by Misanthropical; 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Pagan, you're allergic to dogs? I didn't know that.
      Oh, yeah. And not just the dander, but their spit, too. Gives me hives.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Oh, yeah. And not just the dander, but their spit, too. Gives me hives.

But I want you to come to my BBQ! I've always had in/outdoor doggies! Mostly in!

On topic, kinda, but does anyone else keep reading the thread as "We sell Drugs, not Robots"? Or am I just crazy?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Warning! Good Owners here!

Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post
          PUPPY!!!

My wife and I would LOVE to own a puppy, but we both know we just don't have the time and energy to give a dog the proper attention it needs. Hence no puppies here...
          *cheers*

You people are the smart ones who actually DESERVE to own an animal. You folks know what`s best for the animal, and choose not to adopt vs. letting an animal suffer so that you can have your own gratification.
          Last edited by Kirkygirl; 07-28-2008, 07:31 AM. Reason: Questions re: some policies; removed (didn`t want the thread closed!)
          "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

That was why I didn't get a dog when I moved out. I'm simply not home much, and when I am, I'm usually tired. I didn't think it would be fair to a dog...to keep him cooped up inside all the time. Besides, I already had one cat already (Grandma gave me her cat. Sadly he died in 2007 ) who wasn't exactly tolerant of other critters. Kitty spent most of his day napping on the couch or looking out the window.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"puppy restaurant" LMAO.

The one about the puppy who was kept in a kennel most of the time and ran to you when you got it back almost made me cry at work. Poor thing. Those people wanted a dog as an accessory. I'm glad you found a good home for it.
              "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

But I want you to come to my BBQ! I've always had in/outdoor doggies! Mostly in!
                Meh, that won't stop me. Allavert is a wonderful drug! And as long as I remember to wash my hands before I touch my face....it's all good in the hood (to quote Chef Michael Symon).

On topic, kinda, but does anyone else keep reading the thread as "We sell Drugs, not Robots"? Or am I just crazy?
                Points and laughs! You are crazy, but you're not the only one who read that!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Captain Kennedy View Post
                  “All we ever do is try to love it. The kids don’t really play with it much and we keep it in its crate for most of the day. We do let it out to eat at night, but then put it back up because we just got brand new carpet. Well one night when we were going to put it back in its crate, it tried to bite us! We didn’t want it eating all the food we gave out because we didn’t want it getting too fat. It growled at us and snapped at us and we had to restrain it and force it back into its kennel. Then it howled all night! It’s only been getting worse too! We would like our money back!”
                  My wife and I have two puppies (well, they're older but still puppies to us). The older one, Pépé, we got about ten years ago from a local animal rescue group. Pépé looks like a Dandy Dinmont Terrier. He was found in a very rough part of DC, and his owners did not want to pay the dog pound and other fees to reclaim him. He's about 15 and is getting to be deaf and blind, but is still a frisky guy.

Our second puppie, Sandy, relates to the quote above. He is a Corgie-Dachshund-Terrier cross. Our neighbors adopted him from a Dachshund rescue group. They were expecting, and got the dog as a surprise for their son, who is a cat person. Sandy was spending his evenings in a cage, usually barking, and his days outside alone in a fenced yard. He was so lonely that he would throw pine cones and chase them. He would always greet us when we came home. After the baby was born, my wife asked how the baby and Sandy were getting along. The neighbor said they weren't and that they were going to get rid of the dog. My wife said she knew someone who might like him, and brought him over to the house to see how he would get along with Pepe, which he did. We have had him ever since, about 7 years.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I got my kitty from a pound. It had a big cat room where they could all play together and you could go inside and play with them. How I found my Neko was I sat down in the middle of the cat room and the first cat who came over and flopped into my lap and said 'LOVE ME!' was it. I cried when I had to give him up in order to come to Japan. But he's staying with my friend who used to work at a pet store, her mother fosters cats, etc. So I know he's in good hands. I wanted a dog at first, but I lived in a condo with no backyard and was away for most of the day with school and work. But I don't regret Neko at all.

My parents bought our family pekes (bure-breed non-show types, they don't have all the hair) from a breeder. Our third dog I found by the town library. She was pregnant and the pound would have put her down becuse they didn't have the facilities for pregnant dogs to give birth and raise the puppy. So we kept her and mom and I helped her give birth (in my little sisters room, she was not happy) and we raised and weened the puppy until it was old enough to be sold. Then we gave her away to a little old woman. And my mom went back to the ladies house and asked for her back two days later, which was a good thing as the lady found her a bit too frisky to care for. She's a small breed mix and is the sweetest of dogs, loves to dig under the blankets and lay right up against you in bed. She's also a hunter and does a better job keeping our backyard mole free than our cat!

Our family cat, Tommy (the last since my mom's radiation therepy left her with lymphadema in one arm and a cat scratch would make it horrible for her), was adopted from the shelter by our neighbors, who left it outside all the time. Until it managed to sneak past two dogs and our old elderly cat (who died five years ago) into our house and kinda... 'moved in.' Eventually our neighbor came by and gave us his papers.

By the way our dogs are called Sugar, Spice, and Cocoa. Yeah.....
                    "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

New Story

"Why Should It Be MY Fault My Puppy is Sick?"

Havn't updated in a while. We've had some pretty nice customers lately. One, however, sticks out in my mind.

A couple contacts us about buying one of our dogs. Their lab, of 12 years, recently passed away and they wanted something different. We are happy to comply. We meet these people, greetings are exchanged, and they leave with a beautiful 8 week old puppy. Cute little guy; I was happy that he was going to a good home.

Or so I thought...

Now, let me get this out of the way before I say anything else. When we sell a puppy, we inform the buyers about every possible condition that could come up with their puppy. If something is genetically wrong with it we take it back no questions asked and give them a new puppy. For minor stuff such as illness that might not be covered by all the vaccinations the puppy has, we let them know about what may happen. Diarrhea, vomitting, any sort of infections, parasites, etc. We also offer medicine, OR tell them that if there is any problems, call us. We will have most likely seen it before and know how to fix it.

They rarely ever listen....

So these people, like most, don't listen to us when we advise proper puppy diets. We get a call a week later from these people. They are furious with us! We made their puppy sick, it seems. So we ask them nicely what was wrong with the puppy.

SC: "Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis! That it got from drinking out of that dirty pond you people have in your backyard!"

Ok... Backyard here, I assume, means Pastureland? And can you even GET that from stagnant water?

Since we raise puppies in an airconditioned "puppy house" that gets fresh water twice a day... we highly doubt that we are the problem.

So we kindly ask, what made yout hink this?

SC: "Our vet said so! After the puppy started vomitting and have loose stools all over the house!"

So they drag the puppy to an inner-city vet, who then performs countless number of unnecessary tests on a 9 week old puppy, then comes up with a bad diagnosis to justify the super expensive treatment? Sound about right.

We then kindly ask what it had been eating.

SC: "Well I don't see how that would mean anything, the Vet said blah blah blah.... But we've been feeding it some dog food we had left over from our last dog"

Soo, let's get this straight. They bring an 8 week old puppy into their home, then feed it year-old dry food meant for a 12 year old dog? Yeah, if you feed a 4 year old Ensure I bet he'll get the runs too.

We kindly tell them that they should seriously think about getting some Puppy Chow dog food for the puppy. We then tell them that no, we will not pay for the unbelievably high vet bill. They bid us a good day, and hang up the phone.

Here's a tip for all of you people out there who are hoping to buy a dog from us... Would you feed old dog food to THIS?

Poor little guy had a lot done to him for no good reason because his owners were stubburn fools.
                      If you can't raise a dog, you shouldn't have kids.

Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X