Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay, leave your trash in the hallway!

It's been an annoying last couple days. I had to work alone. I HATE working alone.

Anyway...

I don't know if other hotel workers have this issue, but I assume it's not isolated to this hotel.

Why do guests put their, often stinky, trash in the hallway??? Okay fine they don't want their rooms to end up stinking but why in the hallway? It's like they want to be waited on without a tip; they want to know someone had to bend down infront of their poor as as salute or something. Pizza boxes, food boxes, even had a lady throw dirty diapers out her door (talk about sanitary, I tell ya!). I just don't get it. Some people put their trash in the hallways to the side of the door, but most literally look like they tossed it into the hallway.

I hate this. I think it's rude & trashy, no pun intended. I would greatly prefer a guest to call from their room & at least mention that they would like the trash taken care of & it will be in the hallway. But, I have NEVER had anyone call & mention it. They just toss it. Good way to make a nice hotel smell like crap.

damn people
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

OH, how I hate hate hate that...
    to paraphrase RW
    stabstabstabstabstabstabstab

seriously... how hard is it to pick up a phone and call down and say you need your trash taken out
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I really don't understand this either. It sounds pretty gross. People just tossing their garbage outside their rooms... what do they do at home? Just throw the trash outside the door and then have to hop over it as it piles highter and higher?

Fucking slobs.
      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Apparently I'm not wrong in thinking that my behavior in hotels is a little strange. Because I leave extra tips if I've, y'know, actually left ANYTHING in the garbage cans, or haven't hung the towels neatly, or put the remote back by the TV, or... yeah. If it's not my house I leave it as neat as possible when I leave. The only thing I don't do is make up the bed, but that's because I know y'all are going to strip it anyway.

I feel horribly embarassed if I don't leave the room as neat as humanly possible, because it's NOT MY FREAKIN' HOUSE. But even at home I'm not tossing trash on the front doorstep hoping the garbage disposal people will come all the way down my driveway to pick it up. :P That's just gross.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          haven't hung the towels neatly
          please don't... that is one slobbish thing that housekeepers appreciate... at least our housekeepers love nothing more than walking into the bathroom and seeing all the towels in a pile on the floor... why because then all they have to do is scoop them up as one big pile rather than take them one at a time off the racks.

...otherwise you sound like the perfect guest... ring us up if you ever need a hotel in Salt Lake near the airport

Comment

Nordic hotel practice is to ask guests to leave used towels separate from the clean ones, to reduce the number that need to be washed. I have no idea how many customers fail to pick up on that...

Comment

It seems to be a common practice at Working Hotel; but that's because that's what the front desk tells them to do! I was grossed out when I saw it. I mean, hell, we don't have 24 hour housekeeping like the Crowne Plaza does. They're a luxury hotel (at least they sure portray themselves this way!), both hotels I work at are Business class. They're a step above budget hotels.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                Crowne Plaza .
                *hiss*

oh wait sorry...

me bitter about my time in their call center

never

anyway... back onto the normally scheduled thread.

Comment

Hiss away dear. I do the same to EconoLodge (mostly at my former boss there).
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    to paraphrase RW
                    Holy crap, I've been paraphrased!
                    Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    Hiss away dear. I do the same to EconoLodge (mostly at my former boss there).
                    Eh, aren't you going BACK to EL when you go back to NM?
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'm hoping hte Best Western will hire me first, but R (former boss) can give me an instant job when I get back.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        yes... it seemed so appropriate... considering that is the hotel equivalent to people with paying with crumpled up bills (I swear I'm not stalking you... yet )
                        Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-25-2008, 02:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Alright, I stayed at a hotel once for a week and people kept putting their trash in the hallway, I had a plastic grocery-type bag and any food related trash I put in there and then promptly tied it shut. (My parents taught me to never trust the housekeepers so I won't let them in my room until I'm ready to check out) When my mini trash bag was full I double knotted it and set it in the hallway because there was no room in the trash bin (it didn't emit stink, it was too tightly knotted). It was late when I did it so I knew that no one would kick it. I didn't know that was a no-no, and I will seriously never,ever do it again.
                          Last edited by NightWatch; 10-24-2008, 11:16 PM. Reason: typo
                          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Personally... maybe it's just me but... it's not like i've never taken trash to a dumpster before.

Normally I just try to keep all my trash in one spot, bagged so all the hotel people have to do is empty out the one can...

but if the trash was soooo stinky that i couldn't stand having it in my room...? that's when i walk the trash out to the dumpster myself.

as for leaving it in the hallway? nasty. i once lived in a dorm like setting and the guys were always doing that. prolly just drawing roaches up with that stuff bleh

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              You poor thing. Did it hurt?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X