This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

I found this place searching google about my own place of work, decided to enter customers suck along with it. I'm so glad! I really needed a place to be able to vent about the craaaazy things that happen to me on the daily. When I do it here among my household, everyone sighs and rolls their eyes and they say "separate!" As to say leave work at work. Well, one of em doesn't and we occasionally get on a good rant-athon. That's because she works with me. She's a Plano gal, I'm in HBC. It's hard to leave work at work, because you're just amazed at humanity or lack thereof, in your store.

I have a blog, but it's not really the same as a forum where you have some support. I haven't posted in a forum in quite some time, but I've always found them to be great, so I'm super glad that I found this here. I look forward to many posts. Good and bad. Cos, if it weren't for the somewhat healthy balance of good customers, we'd all be basketcases. Or bigger basketcases I spent the night reading here, and decided to join up.

Welcome aboard! Kick your shoes off and set a spell
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thank you for the welcome I'm just relieved that I did find a forum that supports people that work in retail. Being that my first job was a paper route, second job was fast food, and now working at a big department/grocery store, customer service comes somewhat easily, or used to.

I actually was a stay at home mom for 20 years after my fast food job, and swore I'd never ever do that again. But I do have to say, that job never made me cry like this one. I've been at it since October '13, and think, it can't get much worse than today...oh how wrong I am! Lately, it's been worse daily and I'm now on nerve medication just to be able to GO to work.

My husband is thankful that I've found a place to vent, safely as well. I get to talking about it too much and he just goes. ok NO MORE WORK! So, thank you in advance for being here. And I hope to offer support to others as well. I've already read so much that happens to me. Not to say I'm glad it happens to others, but it's a relief to know it doesn't just happen at our store.

Comment

Welcome aboard, HBC_Chick!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Glad we could be of service ^_^ Heck, we take all kinds. If you have to deal with recalcitrant customers, you belong here. If you just see them in action, that's why we have the Sightings subforum.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X