Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a snake that likes to poop on them?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a snake that likes to poop on them?

So I have an adopted Pueblan Milksnake. He's almost full growth I think. He likes to hide in/under things a lot. He used to 'musk' when I first picked him up, but he's settled a lot since then.

However,

I'll be holding him and he's just as calm and quiet as can be, then I SWEAR he gets this little smirk on his face and just lifts his tail and POOOPPPSSS. Then he looks and me and slithers away like "there. take that." I've read they do this as a defense mechanism, but he really seems to wait for his moment.

Sigh. I hope it's a sign of love....
    Last edited by LillFilly; 05-19-2014, 03:05 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I have 10 snakes, and whilst I don't often get pooped *on* they do poop more when out. I find the movement while they explore gets things going. You'll soon learn to spot the signs, they freeze and stare for a bit, then the tail goes up. That's a good time to slip some kitchen roll underneath them I always prefer them to go out of the viv, leaves it nice and clean inside ^_^ If you don't want him to poop when out of the viv, have a look at his bottom just before the vent. If he has to go there is usually a bulge there (although that's not 100% accurate, so you might still have accidents).

Comment

Sooo.....what is snake poop like? I can't say I've ever seen a snake do that...even though when I was in 5th grade we had some class critters including a small boa. I don't remember ever seeing him poop!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Sooo.....what is snake poop like? I can't say I've ever seen a snake do that.
        Normally, the poop after they completely digest a meal is very dry and crumbly; mostly white with calcium from the bones of the food. Not very smelly

The 'agitated' poop or 'i'm being active' poop is more...liquid, white with calcium and smells like....a foot with a fungal infection.

My housemate's Redtail Boa has never pooped on him, but I think maybe her system, and the fact that she's a 6-foot snake, just moves much slower.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The white can be urates. They can be expelled with the poop or separately. My royal will leave little white crumbly urates all over her tank but only actually poops once every couple of months. The corns (and our king, before she went awol) do both at once, it's moist and stinky.

Comment

Working...
          X