Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news! Seraph's will be up tonight, in full. I have purposely not put some up, and I may have missed some others, so I am uploading an editable form, as well as a pdf, for those who want to pick up and keep adding to it, for those who want to add their own artwork, or want to sort it more thoroughly.

Comment

Enemy of Normalcy: (Editable): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz9S...it?usp=sharing
      Pdf: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz9S...it?usp=sharing

I'll edit with a link to the pdf in a bit.
      Last edited by Cooper; 06-14-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

awwww....

I'm just going to stop right now, and give you a big hug. No flames, I promise, just a hug.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Mommy, why is Cooper crispy around the edges?

Microwaves.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Now it's gonna be all like this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...xc73o1_500.gif

Comment

I propose that the Seraph Archives be titled "Woman of Awesome - Scammerz of Tissue Paper" with apologies to Larry Niven.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is the War Stories archive. Are you only looking for active posters or the most famous? Vinegar Boy by Aaron is by far the most famous story on the site.
                You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

So I'm guessing you read the intro, Seraph.

Well, the War Stories Archive is a great idea. I think I'd like to finish Gravekeeper's before promising any more though.

Comment

So Cooper I sent the file to a deployed friend of mine who enjoyed reading the tales, they don't have access to the net very often and I was given some thoughts for any others you might do.

i have some critiques for the editor

a bit more editing, a lot less copy/paste
                    having her responses to unseen messages makes it cumbersome
                    having parts that need to be highlighted don't work on pdf files, it's just nothing
                    posts didn't need to be broken into individual pages
                    Hopefully these help.

Comment

Thank you.

A for posts being broken into individual pages, it depends on the person, and how cohesive the work is. For example, with Gravekeeper's work, I have it sorted by content, mostly, no page breaks. (I'm still working on this. Have to take breaks due to laughing too hard XP)

I edit for grammar/spelling, except in direct quotes. If I miss stuff, I'm going to bring that down to pure over-load.

As for highlighting, I agree. The 'table of contents' didn't work in pdf. I just put the whole thing in pdf since a pdf is a universal file type.

The responses to unseen messages I tried to make as cohesive as possible. It was primarily updates. I think I won't have to do that much more, considering Seraph is the only one I've seen who consistently updates on her customers, since she's one of the few people who is likely to see them over and over again.
                      Last edited by Cooper; 07-31-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
                        since she's one of the few people who is likely to see them over and over again.
                        <slowly rocks back and forth in a corner, crying>

Comment

You made me burst out into giggles Seraph.

I'm sorry.

If it helps, I might be the only person here with a crazier job than you soon enough. I'm applying for a 911 dispatcher job, as I'm in a position where if I get income, ANY income, I get to keep living in my home.

If I don't, I have to move back in with my emotionally abusive father.

Comment

Cooper -- PDF supports ToC's/bookmarks, but I don't know how complex they are to set up.

Also, there are plugins out there that can export from Word/OpenOffice into PDF if you are more comfortable typing in those, tho how accurate they are, I have no idea.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've worked with LiveCycle, which allows you to create interactive pdfs.

LiveCycle deserves its own place in hell. A place where technology-inept people have to program things in live-cycle.

It's horrific.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
                                I edit for grammar/spelling, except in direct quotes.
                                Just a quick note, which you may have already thought of: some misspellings are intentional. For example, I often use the word "figgers" instead of figures, just because, well, I like the way it reads. Etc., etc., yada yada.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X