This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im sorry, are you from a cave?

So this weekend i had a crazy mini-vacation. starting at 4:30 am, 7.5 hours in bus like travel, 6 hours at Can't Stop The Serenity an hour and a half car trip to sierra vista (leading to about 22-24 hours awake) 8 hours of sleep, packing a suitcase with winter clothing, repeating the car trip, back in to the bus travel and back in college town at 7 pm.

so since the bus station is about 3 miles from my apartment which is a maze of hills and dark streets (Flagstaff is a dark city due to observatoryness) and weird streets i call a cab to pick me up. Since a bus with about 15 people getting off just hit town and at least 8 of us are obviously college kids the taxi's are a bit backed up.

So i call the service i used the first half of the trip. He gives me a 20 minute wait if one of the other girls calling for a ride doesn't want to share. I say fine, i got a book. I give him my cell number and find one of the few areas to sit without being in the smoker area and still be outside but doesn't allow me to watch the street (im too tired to consider standing. )

so im sitting down, enjoying my book every now and then glancing around or checking my phone. Suddenly i realize that i just cleared like 1/3 of my book. I check my phone. Ive been waiting 50 minutes..... the hell.

so i call the taxi service and this happens
    Taxi-'Stupid taxi service'
    Me- 'Hi i called for a pick up over an hour ago and was given a 20 minute wait and-'
    Taxi-'Where are you located'
    Me- annoyed 'Bus station'
    Taxi-'Where you going'
    Me-'South apartments'
    Taxi-'Your phone number'
    Me-'480-Slicey's Number'
    Taxi- 'Yeah i was there 30 minutes ago and called the that number and you didn't answer so i had to leave'
    Me- 'Um no no you didn't. I am holding my phone right now'
    Taxi- 'yes i did, my history shows a call to 928-Slicey's number at-'
    Me-' 480. 4-8-0, not 928, wait did you assume my phone number was-'
    Taxi-'I'll be there in a few minutes'

this taxi driver/dispatcher didn't realize that Arizona had 5 area codes, didn't bother to verify my number and when knowing he was picking up a female college student at a bus station didn't make an effort to make sure she had really bailed on him. Also its a college town!!! half the people in my classes are from california it seems not to mention brazil new zealand ect.

i was not pleased. I did not tip him.

Ouch. I have an issue with variant area codes pretty much everywhere I go, too -- albeit, nothing that extreme -- because I brought my old number with me when I moved. I figured, hell, I've been using this number for 30 years, I might as well keep it...

PS - Holy crap, a fellow Browncoat ^_^ Shiny!

PPS - I'm a mod with the Serenity Valley Smugglers Association online. Drop me a wave if yer headed out that way!
    Last edited by EricKei; 09-22-2015, 08:50 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

yay browncoats! my brother's wizardy continued. He always wins a raffle prize. even when he only puts in 1 ticket this year he won 2 necklaces a poster, some window decals and a pair of earrings. all of which basically result in him saying her girls take all but this one decal i don't need these. So i have a new buffy poster and a browncoat necklace.

also a family picture form the costume contest where i told the lady we where the Cobb family.

Comment

Be glad you're not out here- every phone number within about 50 miles has the same area code, and that's how a lot of people determine if it's too far to drive somewhere.

And, how was he at the bus stop half an hour ago if you were there? Did you just not see each other or is he that much of an idiot?
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

there was no place i could sit and watch the parking lot my choices where to suffer intense back pain and the like standing next to a loud bus or sit near where i could exit quickly with light and wait.

Comment

Captain Tightpants says hello! And man, I'm glad you got picked up. What a jerk of a cabbie.

Comment

Working...
            X