This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A parent fail, and a parent win

My family and I went to red lobster for my brothers birthday and were sat a few feet away from a huge family that was busy chatting and eating away.. while their child SCREAMED and cried it's little head off, the parents continued to ignore it's wee cries.

So we asked to be moved, we did to a nicer spot, and yet right after we were done ordering a family with ANOTHER Baby was parked behind us..and started to cry.. but the parents being responsible, kept his attention with toys and attention so he quieted down and jus tmade content noises the rest of the meal XD

I dream of the day that there can be kid-free restaurants.

For now, Murphy's Law haunts me everywhere I go, and just about anytime I go out with my boyfriend or my parents, there is always a family around with either a screaming baby, or out of control toddlers and kids.

The only time I don't have to deal with kids is at 3:00 am at Perkins when we are eating after we've been out at the bar. Let me tell you, I don't really enjoy having to go out to eat at 3 am just to be where there aren't kids, because then, it's all drunks. And I'm not even sure what's worse between kids and drunks.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

that's why i liked the idea of 21+ only for the bar side of establishments. the establishments haven't caught on to that one yet though

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        The only time I don't have to deal with kids is at 3:00 am at Perkins when we are eating after we've been out at the bar.
        I still see the parents out with kids out at that time around here. And boy, are they tired and cranky at 3:00am. The kids usually are too.

Comment

ever hear of teething?

Comment

Quoth flyingember View Post
            ever hear of teething?
            If the poor tyke is in so much discomfort that they're screaming their little head off, the parents should have enough common sense to realize that a noisy restaurant is NOT the place for them to be, and not subject the rest of the restaurant to the screaming. Unless it was the only restaurant in town (which I sincerely doubt) they could have gotten food another way.
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

A restaurant does not have to serve anyone who walks in the door, and their unwillingness to toss the crap parents and annoying kid, letting the other diners suffer, get angry, leave, and vow not to return, should be made clear to the manager.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

ever hear of teething?

Teething is an excuse to ignore your childs cries while they throw things on the floor ? I did not know that.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  A restaurant does not have to serve anyone who walks in the door, and their unwillingness to toss the crap parents and annoying kid, letting the other diners suffer, get angry, leave, and vow not to return, should be made clear to the manager.
                  They apologized and moved us to another table, however I am a bit irked they made SURE to sit the family with the baby right behind us, I'm just glad it's parents were making sure it was amused and quiet after the first cry.

Comment

ever hear of teething?
                    Teething is a reason to be awake at 3am, not a reason to be out at an eating establishment with the screamy baby at 3am.

FiddleFaddle, I'm glad the second set of parents had the sense to do something about their child.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      Teething is a reason to be awake at 3am, not a reason to be out at an eating establishment with the screamy baby at 3am.

FiddleFaddle, I'm glad the second set of parents had the sense to do something about their child.

Me too, though the family behind THEM had a 5 year old that was loudly asking questions...XD he wanted to know why his fish and chips ahd frenchfries instead of potato chips....

Comment

Working...
                      X