Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a co-worker - I believe this donor should...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a co-worker - I believe this donor should...

DIAF!

My co-worker took this call. A donor called up demanding a refund of their donation from a few years ago. They had made the donation because of a story they had read about one of our wish kids at the time.

Why, you ask, would they want a refund of a donation they made?

Because they just read a follow-up story on our web site about former wish children and he was pissed because the child LIVED!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Because there just aren't words.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

OMG! I am so livid right now!

Comment

The audacity of some people's children . . .
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

...and their children shall rise up and call them: "Hell if I know that ***ker!"
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I know people get twitchy over DIAF, but in this case I heartily endorse it.

Exactly how much of a sociopath must one be to express outrage that a child suffering from a terminal disease is still alive?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Give him his money back. You don't want that money. That's dirty money.

I'm not even kidding.

Comment

Sadly, I kind of agree with RK. Send it back.

In pennies.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Send it back in all dollar bills that have been in Charlie Sheen's wallet, and stripper and prostitutes' buttcracks.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

that's some serious cold there; they should be happy the kid's alive.

wtf?? how insensitive, selfish and stupid can you be...oh right, this guy.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

In other words, he didn't donate so that the child could be happy - he donated so he could pat himself on the back for doing it.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

We did refund his donation. We refund any donation when the 'donor" requests it, for any reason.
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

That's pretty sick. What's the point of donating if you give it back if they have 2nd thoughts? Is this guy going to want medical reports the next time he donates to make SURE the kid he donates to dies!?
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Man, I wish I could be there just to beat that guy in the head with an object of massive size and weight until he realizes what an idiot he is, or is unconsious. From what I can tell, it'll be the latter. That is so insensitive and just appaulling. Someone needs to go to his house and ensure the insensitive douche never has kids. I would support this operation being done with an object that is both dull and rusty.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                              We did refund his donation. We refund any donation when the 'donor" requests it, for any reason.
                              Do you give the donor a tax form? So if he claimed the donation as a deduction he now has to pay taxes on it? Oh yes, I went there. Some people deserve the special hell that is the IRS.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X