Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't get to say when we can stock.

After narrowly missing being slammed into the oil wall by some asshole who decided that rather than do the polite thing and move a few inches to one side he should grab my cart and shove it away from him (directly into the shelves, what did he think would happen?)....

...he pops off with this gem: "You shouldn't be doing that [stocking] during the day."

So sorry, the elves are off this week Are you applying for our overnight stocker opening? No? Then STFU.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

The other day I was putting up a rather large alcohol order (well, large for us) and it was on a U-boat. There is a column smack dab in the middle of the beer section. I tried to keep it as open as I could but it was still tight. Most people saw me and either went as far as what they needed down the aisle then turned around to leave or not even come down the aisle. But there was a few who just came tromping through anyway just to use the aisle to cut through to the front. They could've walked the six feet to another aisle to get to where they were going. All the aisles lead to the same place.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      ...he pops off with this gem: "You shouldn't be doing that [stocking] during the day."
      I'm sure he'd be the first person to bitch if the store was "out of everything"
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Most other stores have an alcove or entire room for the olive oils, ours are simply on a a wall of shelves that divides the center eating area from the perimeter aisle (and another restaurant). Not a good design at all...

I'll try to illustrate:

Center Plaza
        ---------------------------------- Oils
        Aisle, shelves on both sides
        ----------------------------------- Olives, other marinated veg
        Pizza/pasta restaurant

The aisle itself is the regulation three feet wide so a cart can get through...if there aren't people randomly stopping in the aisle. You also have people browsing the oils (very hard to sell to someone when you're both getting bumped every five seconds) and the line for the pizza place can wrap right down that aisle especially on weekends. Forget about getting a ladder there to access topstock. I'll stock oils before opening, but once it gets busy I avoid that if I can. If I can't move around freely with my hands empty, I'm sure as hell not going to do it carrying thiry-odd pounds of glass.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
          The other day I was putting up a rather large alcohol order (well, large for us) and it was on a U-boat. .
          ...probably only just thought it was safe to surface...did it have a consignment of Fuhrerbier?
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

You really want the nightstalker in here? really?
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

At least at the office I don't have customers telling me how to do my job. They have no idea how their own accounts work much less what I do in the system. And they are basically at my mercy.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X