Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 11-11-2018, 03:30 AM
Area Manager

Why am I reminded of that scene in Gremlins 2 where Billy Peltzer's boss inspects his cubicle and throws out all of his personal touches?

Old 11-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

As that film predates Dilbet, I'd say you found that Kool-Aid server's inspiration, Jack.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 11-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Bagger

I spent months washing down / spraying with chemicals / swabbing a jade plant to rid it of mealybugs. I never succeeded. It was in a store, all alone, with no other botanical friends to infect it. And I never had a variegated ivy that didn't eventually succumb to spider mites. I love ivy, but I don't bother with it or jade plants any more.

Some plants don't get pinched back and renewed or thrown out, and don't age well. The pathos in the waiting room at the local hospital are gangley and tired looking. They really should be replaced, or cuttings taken and re-potted.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:56 PM
RVT

Worker, did you treat the jade with a systemic that would get the damned bugs down in the dirt? I have a piggy back plant that has chronic mealies, and now that I've started treating the dirt as well, it seems to be getting under control. [fingers crossed]

I was told, by Authoritative Old Dudes at my last succulent sale that a Bayer product with imidicloprid would treat the mealies and get them gone. I HATE using a systemic with a fiery passion, but the mealies are starting to spread and that is NOT acceptable!

Old 11-20-2018, 04:04 AM
Philosophical Tomato

OMG I hate spider mites. Last year, one of my plants died from mites (luckily I didn't get the "Borg" variety) and it turned out the source was a years-old random foliage plant of mom's...that had no symptoms whatsoever. Once we got rid of that plant the rest of mine did fine. I've had a few fungus gnat outbreaks, but that's totally manageable. I hate systemics as well, I usually use Safer brand insect soap or a spinosad product.

https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-p...lybug-control/

The restaurants at my store have pothos for decoration, and it's clear that even with the many skylights (the glass is probably the UV-blocking variety and they're too high up) the poor things are not happy. Way too gangly and droopy.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:09 AM
Area Manager

I can also think of water damage from plants that get over watered by people who don't understand what the plant actually needs. Nothing like trying to scrub an ex-co-irker's desk to pretend to remove it to make you curse real plants.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Yup. A friend was plantsitting for me once (for some reason I had to bring the plants to his place) and one day he decided that the plastic saucers I had under my fabric pots weren't needed.

Guess what happened. Yeah, his table got a big ol' water spot, he tried to blame me.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:41 AM
Other side of the m0dem

I also noticed "flora" isn't allowed either, so no fresh flowers. None of this was an issue in the old place, just the new one.