4 cups of broth

cook 4-6 hours
add cheese if desired
eat the grey mush that is amazingly tasty

Old 05-12-2018, 03:01 AM
Bookkeeper

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
Pot roast would be good, too. It's been 20 years since I made that but I remember using Lipton onion soup mix, a little water, and potatoes and carrots under the roast. I don't remember how long to cook it, though.
I found an even simpler crockpot-roast recipe, using onion soup mix and cream of whatever soup. The printed version called for one hour on High, then about six hours on Low. My second run was all day on Low. Quite good both times.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 05-12-2018, 04:04 AM
I need a life

I may have to go back to eating land animals because I remember how good that tasted.

Old 05-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Cartridge in the Window

Another simple thing I've done -- tho it definitely needs more spice is this:

Halve a couple onions and green/red peppers (peel/remove seeds of course), set in bottom of crock (both for flavor and to keep meat from sticking)
Add some washed, cut up, skin-on taters of choice
Spices of choice
Chicken leg quarters or breasts, skinless or otherwise. Again, a quick broil first helps
A couple cans of undiluted cream of chicken soup (or more as needed)

The usual -- High for 4 hours or Low for 6.5ish. Remember, a HUGE part of crockpotting is to never lift the lid until you're fairly certain it's done, as you'll easily let off an hour's worth of heat each time you do. If you have a band (that may have come with it) you can use to keep the lid pressed down tight, so much the better.

Also, for this and many other messy meals: Most grocery stores should carry disposable crock pot liners. Well worth the dollar or so to avoid major massive cleanup later.

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 05-13-2018, 12:43 AM
Injector of Radioactive Things

Not a recipe, but the greatest invention since the Crock Pot is the Crock Pot Liner. Get them. They're a little pricey, but worth it to not have to soak/scrub your insert.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:57 AM
I need a life

^ Even Dollar Tree has them.