X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
    I would have taken that as permission to keep it, as a "tip."
    Why punish the kid? Isn't it enough he has to cope with this as a relative?

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
      I moved from California to Virginia a couple of years ago, and in both localities in which I lived, K-Marts were 'going down.' Must be a big restructuring going on.
      I think they may be getting ready to exit out of NC entirely in the foreseeable future. Not only was the one near me (Greensboro) closed recently, so was the next closest one (Reidsville.) IIRC the next closest one to me is in Winston Salem (which from my house in NE Greensboro would take roughly an hour to get to) or Burlington (east of me, straight shot down US 70 about 30-minutes away.)

They have a distribution center not five minutes from my house and if I heard correctly, it's getting ready to shut down soon.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I live in Kannapolis, NC and the only Kmart in the area is in South Concord. Haven't been in that one in a few years but it was pretty dead then.
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          I've found those who yell the loudest about how everyone around them is a potential thief, and suspect that they'll be swindled the instant they let their ever-present guard down, are usually thieves themselves.
          Back at GameStore -- we always had a strict bag check policy for ALL company employees whenever they left the store -- yes, even including DM's and corporate dudes. At one where I used to work, the ASM was cheerfully strict about enforcing this policy rigorously. Naturally, he was the reason why our store had hundreds of dollars in gameboy/GBA (etc) games go missing before he was caught -- he had been smuggling them out in the cuffs of his slacks.

Quoth SailorMan View Post
          Must be a big restructuring going on.
          Sears/Kmart (same company) closed at least a couple hundred stores last year, and my guess is that that trend will continue. 30 years ago, they were the biggest department store in the US (in terms of gross revenue), but now...not so much.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            I've found those who yell the loudest about how everyone around them is a potential thief, and suspect that they'll be swindled the instant they let their ever-present guard down, are usually thieves themselves.

We had a person at work on the office/payroll side of things who was constantly berating us for the slightest of billing mistakes, accusing us of trying to short the company or get them fired for discrepancies, ....
            Well, yeah, the less money the company takes in, the less he can steal from it! How can you be so inconsiderate?!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Sears/Kmart (same company) closed at least a couple hundred stores last year, and my guess is that that trend will continue. 30 years ago, they were the biggest department store in the US (in terms of gross revenue), but now...not so much.
              That happened with the Sears closest to our house, although part of the reason that location closed was because the space they were leasing wasn't really big enough to carry everything the store needed. (Something like that, anyhow.....I think my mom got this from someone who worked there)

Comment

We lost our K-mart years ago when they did the big restructuring into the "Big K" brand, since then, I've never seen another, not in my state, not anywhere I've gone.

They're just in the long, slow process of withering away.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  No K Mart here either. Not sure what Flowers is, but I work for a drugstore. Which has its own set of drugseekers in addition to the usual NC white trash
                  Flower's starts w/an R.

So you're dealing w/the neighborhood dealersdruggists purchasing their meth supplies, amIrite?
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

No more KMarts locally here, although we do have them in bigger cities yet. It's kind of pathetic because KMart took up nearly an entire mini-mall here on one end, the grocery store I used to work at on another, and now both have been gone for a while.

I don't think you people truly know white trash unless you've been to the midwest, particularily this part of Wisconsin.

I'm talking men shaped like Peter Griffin wearing Packers Super Bowl shirts from 96 yet (with all kinds of mustard stains on them), pants with more holes than seams, cheapest brand of cigarette dangling from their lips, drinking the Walgreens brand of beer.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The cigarette is essential. Absolutely REEKING of smoke with no attempt made to freshen up. The added scent of swamp ass is preferred but not required.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Ah, yes, the heartbreak of psoriasis swamp ass...So sad, so sad.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

I don't think you people truly know white trash unless you've been to the midwest, particularily this part of Wisconsin.

I'm talking men shaped like Peter Griffin wearing Packers Super Bowl shirts from 96 yet (with all kinds of mustard stains on them), pants with more holes than seams, cheapest brand of cigarette dangling from their lips, drinking the Walgreens brand of beer.

Green and gold Zubaz with more holes than seams. Also Natty Ice or Camo if the Walgreens brand of beer is unavailable.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Rofl, Blas, IPF, were you two hiding out watching me interviewing people yesterday?

Saw two of the Peter lookalikes and at least three pairs of Zubaz.

Also wound up telling one guy "Just leave, I can't even breathe being in the same room." Fresh and stale ciggy smoke, mixed with enough AXE that he was a fire hazard.

Don't even get me started, again, on the unsuitableness of some of the candidates.

Who shows up for an open interview for HEAVY LABOR with a doctors note limiting them to 5#?

Comment

Someone needing an unemployment signature
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                                Also wound up telling one guy "Just leave, I can't even breathe being in the same room." Fresh and stale ciggy smoke, mixed with enough AXE that he was a fire hazard.
                                Probably hasn't bathed since the Clinton administration, too. Naturally, he thinks you're out of line for saying that.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X