Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilorenzo, part of it is the sheer amount of difference between the two. Which is fine, but rather striking. My dad dislikes Smith because he's not as serious/weighty as previous Doctors. I think he's fine, but I still squeal over Tennant because frankly, I think Tennant's cuter. But that's me.

I think part of it is just the sudden change from more serious with lightheartedness to lighthearted with some seriousness. It's just different.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

LOVE LOVE Dr Who. Never thought I would but my husband got pushy one day about me watching one of the episodes with David Tennant (I think he's the best doctor) and I was instantly in love with the show. Now I just can't wait for new episodes.

I'm still not sure of Matt Smith but I can appreciate the shows. Did you know this whole season is written by Neil Gaiman (think the Stardust movie)? If you think about it, you can sooo feel his style in the show this season.

Ooo, did you see last weeks? It was the last thing I was expecting. I felt rather sorry for the doctor at the end.

Comment

I really wonder what is going on with the girl. They have not cleared that up. I felt a little angry that they have given us two episodes that do not touch it. The next one had better have something about it in it. I also want to know what is up with the pregnant not pregnant thing

Spoilers hidden
        Last edited by monolayth; 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: putting spoilers in white.
        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I was wondering about that too.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm curious as to whether this is going to be the final doctor given what happened in the first episode.

Comment

I read somewhere that there's supposed to be twelve regenerations total.

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                I really wonder what is going on with the girl. They have not cleared that up. I felt a little angry that they have given us two episodes that do not touch it. The next one had better have something about it in it.
                I think that's just how Moffat structures a season. Took all of season 5 to find out about that crack in Amy's wall. Honestly, I really like that: I tend to dislike heavily episodic television, and prefer a larger story arc.

Confession: I totally cried over "The Doctor's Wife." Not what I expected that ep to be about, but confirmed something I'd thought for years, and deepened it. Well done, Gaiman!

(Also, I adore Matt Smith. I also adored Eccleston and Tennant, but in different ways.)
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  Confession: I totally cried over "The Doctor's Wife."
                  Oh, I did too. I wanted to jump through the screen and hug pretty much everyone involved in the episode (except the bad guy).
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Matt Smith's take on the Doctor frankly reminds me of me; all over the place but somehow everything still makes sense *points to sig*

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      I read somewhere that there's supposed to be twelve regenerations total.
                      Thirteen. The official number is thirteen. However, with the Master and Rassilon having more than that, it is entirely possible that the Doctor might get more as well. Somehow. Especially with the statement about the number of control rooms archived in the last episode.

What I'm wondering about (of course, given that the Doctor gets out of the dire straits he appears to be in currently) is how they will stick with the canon of the Eighth Doctor whenever they get to the Twelfth.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                        Did you know this whole season is written by Neil Gaiman (think the Stardust movie)?
                        He actually only wrote one episode - at least so far. The Doctors Wife, last weeks.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                          Thirteen. The official number is thirteen. However, with the Master and Rassilon having more than that, it is entirely possible that the Doctor might get more as well. Somehow. Especially with the statement about the number of control rooms archived in the last episode.

What I'm wondering about (of course, given that the Doctor gets out of the dire straits he appears to be in currently) is how they will stick with the canon of the Eighth Doctor whenever they get to the Twelfth.
                          Shouldn't be too hard. He is the doctor after all. He can do anything.

Comment

Yes, thirteen is official. I think it's been implied that going more than that causes degradation of the mind. (The Skaro Degradations, anyone?) And the Master went over thirteen only by body hopping, didn't he?
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Maybe they'll just bring 10 back.... they did park a copy (one that can actually age, just like David Tennant!) in a parallel universe..........
                              There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Arghh! It is gone till the autumn!
                                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                                X