Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 06-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
But I just wish my state would pick one message to shops who can reopen.
the gov said req, suggested and not req if you can't and you don't need to show proof
Wouldn't asking about that health exception fall under the same thing as asking someone who's exploiting the "service dog" loophole? i.e you can't really ask (aren't supposed to). I see so many people without masks I'm starting to wonder if they found that loophole.

My state's the same way. Masks, no masks...Since I have one that's actually comfortable I'm wearing it everywhere public. It helps with my pollen allergies too so...I may not have Covid, but I'm protecting you from my sneezes anyway.

Still a bit annoying going shopping non-locally as I need to convince my mom in advance to stop at "my" store that does curbside pickup. I try to schedule pickups for the day we're traveling in that direction anyway, but she doesn't quite grasp the concept of "pickup windows" (no we can't just go get it on the day, I need to tell them when I'm coming). Plus I have to justify everything I buy...

Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 PM
Area Manager

Looks like my store is finally allowing bottle and can redemption starting tomorrow, which is great, as I probably have over $20 worth in recyclables littering the floor of my spare room in plastic bags since mid-March.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:11 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Yeah, the trunk of our car is virtually full. One upside to the bottle redemption being closed down for the last two months is that the usual suspects that roam around town rummaging through dumpsters and private trash for cans were nowhere to be seen. Now...are we going to have to fight them for use of the machines...?

(typically, they show up once a day with at least one wire cart full of smelly, germy cans)

Old 06-05-2020, 02:16 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
One upside to the bottle redemption being closed down for the last two months is that the usual suspects that roam around town rummaging through dumpsters and private trash for cans were nowhere to be seen. Now...are we going to have to fight them for use of the machines...?
I'd imagine a lot of people have just been tossing their cans and bottles away with no way to redeem them for cash, so those who spend their time rounding up stray bottles and cans in the wild will probably have hoarded a TON of them.

Regardless, going into work early well before my shift just to unload what I have.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:10 PM
Philosophical Tomato

My old store does have a security guard now, so maybe the can hoarders will be limited (FEM has tossed people out before for jamming the machines)...in this climate I can't imagine a cartload of smelly, greasy bottles will be looked upon kindly.

I got a haircut last night My salon is limiting appointments/people, sanitizing everything, chairs blocked off, masks, temp checks, etc. It's running well. She was able to match the slightly darker shade of haircolor that I had used at home, and likes the results.

Still trying to teach mom about mobile/online ordering...when I go back to work she can't rely on me for doing it (not that she won't try...probably be something like "can you order this for me at X on your break so I can pick it up in ten minutes?").

Old 06-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Asura Mesmer

My branch manager keeps saying he doesn't want to be the first bank to open in the area, but he doesn't want to be the last bank to open. So he's been watching to see which banks and credit unions reopen their lobby. There's only been one reopened so far, out of the 6 or so nearby.

This Monday, he was saying he thought we might reopen next Monday, but yesterday he changed it to maybe a month from now. One of the things preventing us from reopening is that we're supposed to be getting hand sanitizer stations for each of the entry doors. They're still on backorder. Also, they're supposed to be delivered to the main branch, and then someone will have to drive 2 hours to meet someone halfway to pick up ours.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:24 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
My old store does have a security guard now, so maybe the can hoarders will be limited (FEM has tossed people out before for jamming the machines)...in this climate I can't imagine a cartload of smelly, greasy bottles will be looked upon kindly.
My store limits one person in the bottle redemption room at a time, and a maximum of 150 cans/bottles in one go. I was able to get rid of most of my recyclables, but the cans of vanilla/cherry Coke were not recognized by the machine, so I'll have to have another go in a few weeks when all available cans are programmed into the machine.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

It's official -- my county goes into the "green" phase next Friday, although it's not quite what I thought it was. I thought it was where everything would go back to normal, but not quite. Pretty much everything can reopen, but there are still restrictions in place, limiting the number of people at events and in businesses, and of course those damn masks. Once things are finally back to normal, I don't ever want to see a damn mask again. And I used to love Halloween...

Not surprisingly, the county where I work didn't make the cut this time, but surprisingly neither did the neighboring rural county were I grew up, despite having only 10% of the cases we've had. But I'm sure they'll make the next cut.

The last group of counties that were still in the red went into the yellow today, and I'm hoping I never see anything like this again in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, the statewide number of cases continues to drop, despite things reopening. And I'm looking forward to actually being able to go out and eat again next weekend. Hopefully my favorite burrito place reopens. They could have stayed open for carryout but chose not to. I've been getting food from there at least once a week for the last 20+ years, and I'm going into some serious withdrawal.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 06-05-2020, 07:24 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

The Client's moving into "phase one," but we're still on a smaller crew and so I haven't been told to report back to work yet. I have to wait on a phone call from my supervisor before I can start gearing up to return to work.

And hope that my accounts and accesses are still working when I get back.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 06-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Front End Supervisor

I'm back to full time come Monday.