Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 01-15-2020, 02:37 AM
Essential Worker

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
All my great-great-...-great grandparents had was a fig leaf between them, and it was wilted and worm-eaten.
They had it good! When my great-grandfather came to this country, the only thing he could afford to wear was a tumbleweed!

Old 01-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Store Manager

Youse guys and your luxurious vegetation. Back in the day, we had PEBBLES, and we had to nick 'em at that.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:41 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Pebbles?!? Faugh. We only had sand and snow, and we had to fight off the coyotes and yeti for access to the dumping pit when we had to go! Had to trudge uphill both ways in the snow in the middle of summer to do it. And WE WERE GRATEFUL!

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Pebbles?!? Faugh. We only had sand and snow, and we had to fight off the coyotes and yeti for access to the dumping pit when we had to go! Had to trudge uphill both ways in the snow in the middle of summer to do it. And WE WERE GRATEFUL!
Snow? SNOW!? That woulda been a blessed relief from the baking hot sun and stone, far as the eye could see! It was a good day if we got a breeze.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 01-15-2020, 11:27 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

A breeze!!There were a hundred and fifteen of us crammed into something the side of a matchbox. First ones up got the oxygen. If tha didn't get up early tha didn't get to breathe that day... you were lucky if someone shared their air with you..we didnt take it for granted..we were glad just to be alive!!

Old 01-16-2020, 12:06 AM
Essential Worker

Sun? Matchboxes? You were lucky. We had to live in a cave 600 feet underground! We we're thankful just to have enough bioluminescent fungus to be able to see where the chasms were!

Old 01-16-2020, 12:08 PM
Front End Supervisor

You guys are making me miss my grandfather

Old 01-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Pune Massacreeist

What I hated was when there was nothing to wear but nettle leaves.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:59 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

What I hated most was when it was my turn being the dock leaf for the day....

Old 01-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
"But in my day suitcases didn't have wheels! It was made for holding clothes and it does that!"
Actually, funny enough, when I moved interstate, I didn't have any furniture coming with me (since I was living with my parents at the time), just a hell of a lot of clothes and other personal items. Some items I'd already sent ahead with the SO, but the rest were placed into an old suitcase my mother gave me. Appropriately, it was the suitcase my mother had packed when she was about to go into hospital to have me

Well, because my dad had taken it into the airport for me, I hadn't realised that the suitcase in question didn't have wheels. This got discovered when my partner picked me up at the airport. Much grousing was had and we were both immensely grateful that a) the airport was on the same train line as our new home and b) we only lived about five minutes walk from the station in question. Unfortunately, said suitcase was packed to its absolute limit (with a few vaccuum sealed bags to help).

Said suitcase was among the first items to go out with the annual council cleanup (we didn't live near an op shop at the time) and my parents were VERY apologetic when they got told what had happened.