Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Here, let me show you a somewhat different use for a plastic bag ...
Old 02-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Chairman of the Board

Default Here, let me show you a somewhat different use for a plastic bag ...

If I hear one more person complain about the impending disappearance of single-use plastics ... in particular, plastic grocery bags ... there will be pandemonium.

Had another complaining customer the other day. "Blah blah blah blah ... now [Competitor] has stopped giving out plastic bags and you have to buy paper bags and blah blah blah ... it's just a gimmick!! *rant rant*" (Yes, you DO have to pay for plastic bags as well.)

Dear Whiny Snowflakes: I'm sure this will shock you but people have gone shopping for foodstuffs for several thousand years without plastic bags. Not to mention that there have been, and continue to be, alternatives to single-use plastic (and paper) bags for what ... 20 years? Thirty? If you haven't dealt with the issue by now, cry me a river and then drown in it.

I couldn't think of any way to respond that wouldn't get me in trouble, so settled for a half-shrug and a "There's your change; have a good day."

Talk about First World problems ....

Old 02-11-2020, 10:30 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post

I couldn't think of any way to respond that wouldn't get me in trouble, so settled for a half-shrug and a "There's your change; have a good day."

Just smile and say, "That's nice."

Old 02-11-2020, 11:50 PM
Chairman of the Board

I love it! Thank you!

Old 02-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
Just smile and say, "That's nice."
And then say, "See you next time!"

Old 02-12-2020, 06:41 PM
Chairman of the Board

Alas, this particular customer was of the male persuasion, but I will definitely keep that one in mind as well.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:32 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Much like being a bitch, 'See You Next Tuesday' knows no gender.

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 02-22-2020, 01:37 PM
Other side of the m0dem

People like that are just lazy and stupid. I've been using reusable bags for a hell of a long time now, 15 years maybe? So the ban on plastic here didn't affect me. I've also started using the reusable produce bags too, even though they aren't banned plastic. I figure why not? I like them. Why can't people just deal and move on?

Old 02-22-2020, 02:51 PM
Store Manager

Change requires making new patterns and habits. Worst of all, this requires THOUGHT. Don't you know how painful THINKING is to some of these humans?

huh. Just had a quick chain of thoughts. Modern (hah!) humans are so used to getting all their cues from television and various video sources. Needs to have a few references of going shopping and "Whoops! Almost went into the store without my bags!" Monkey see, monkey do.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Bookkeeper

Some of us do actually have reuse purposes for grocery bags, such as when cleaning a litterbox. Once bans started getting floated around, DH insisted we start saving them for such uses. We've got a good supply for a while.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 03-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Computer Geek

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
Some of us do actually have reuse purposes for grocery bags, such as when cleaning a litterbox. Once bans started getting floated around, DH insisted we start saving them for such uses. We've got a good supply for a while.
Same here. I also have FOUR garbage cans in my house that I bought specifically to use those old grocery bags in. That means, when they're all gone, I'm going to have to BUY plastic can liners for those cans. How does this help??

The last time I ran low on plastic grocery bags, I asked on Freecycle, and got pretty near a year's supply. It's time to ask again. One man's trash is another man's treasure!