This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    Unfortunately, there are some resellers who are greedy...and cop an attitude if you won't come down on price for them. I've dealt with resellers like that. They suck. They come in and waste my time hemming and hawing over a $2 item. They complain that "$2 is too much" because the item (usually something that can easily get more than $2) is "used" or "dirty." Either buy the item or don't. I think that's what the OP is getting at.
    Yeah, I ran into this attitude from a dealer who showed up at my Mom's estate sale last year. He wanted to buy some antique silver spoons for pennies; when I balked he gave me attitude. I looked him in the eye and told him I could get more for the raw silver if I took them to the pawn shop to be melted down than what he was offering me--these were antiques. He backed off.

We did sell most of the stuff in the house for pennies; we were trying to clear it out because we'd just sold it. What we didn't sell was going to the dump (I actually brought a lot of stuff home with me). But there were limits.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I heartily agree that if someone's giving that kind of attitude they need to be told to leave your property. Just asking generically "got any video games" seems to be all the OP went on for judging the man's intentions, with no mention of his attitude.

Haggling at a yard sale is an art, and knowing when to haggle and when to quit haggling and either pay up or walk away is something some people need to be taught with a clue-by-four.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
      X