This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Stupid Story

A friend of mine who works in a liquor store had someone walk in today who did a complete 360, looking around, then asked "Is this a liquor store?"

This reminded me of the time when I worked in an ice cream shop and a guy came in and said "Do you guys sell ice cream?" and I was like "There's a list of our ice cream flavors a foot from your head."

This while I was working in a place with a sign that clearly said "[Town name] Soft Serve", with a giant 10-foot-tall ice cream cone on top.

Someone asked me today while standing in our lobby "Is this a hotel?"
    "Yes."
    "What kind of hotel?"
    "Um...uh...a rustic hotel?" This seemed to satisfy her.

I swear I didn't make any of these up.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Anyone else thinking "Here's Your Sign"?

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
      Anyone else thinking "Here's Your Sign"?
      Anyone else thinking they won't read it? Lol
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post

"Is this a liquor store?"
        I walked into our local butcher store today and said "Do you sell meat here?"

The difference being that the butcher knew I was joking.

Comment

I walked into a place called Dr. Don's Ice Cream Parlour once to get (you'll never believe it) ice cream.

They didn't have any.

True story. Their freezer broke overnight and it all melted. The lady behind the counter looked like she was about to cry, at least until I busted up laughing. They did have lovely carrot cake.

My little segue aside, the intelligence of some people is enough to make me want to freeze myself for a hundred years and hope that we've evolved.
          Last edited by mysticgirl5; 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM. Reason: my own intelligence was showing (typo)

Comment

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
            My little segue aside, the intelligence of some people is enough to make me want to freeze myself for a hundred years and hope that we've evolved.
            Have you seen Idiocracy? Things will only get worse.

Until someone invents some sort of ray that sterilizes the willfully stupid.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Anyone else thinking they won't read it? Lol
              I'm not sure you understood my reference. I was refering to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjelRDKHUk

Comment

I once had a customer who was very hesitant to provide her security verification information because, "it just makes me so nervous to give that out over the phone...I mean, how do I know you really do work for The Bank?"

"Well, ma'am, you called us, dialing the card activation number from the sticker on the front of your new card...I would think that's a pretty good indication that you are, in fact, speaking to someone from The Bank."
                Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                  I once had a customer who was very hesitant to provide her security verification information because, "it just makes me so nervous to give that out over the phone...I mean, how do I know you really do work for The Bank?"

"Well, ma'am, you called us, dialing the card activation number from the sticker on the front of your new card...I would think that's a pretty good indication that you are, in fact, speaking to someone from The Bank."
                  That is flipping hilarious
                  There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

We're a wine store that has the Wall o'Booze. Directly behind the cash wrap. It's a very pretty wall, with lots of sparkly bottles, and it rather dominates the front of the store. Plus, if you look at our windows, one of them is devoted to liquor.

We frequently get people who walk in, walk all the way to the back of the store, then, when asked if we can help them find something, they say, disappointedly, "what, you don't sell spirits?"

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                      I walked into our local butcher store today and said "Do you sell meat here?"

The difference being that the butcher knew I was joking.

Why no, they beat their meat.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                        We frequently get people who walk in, walk all the way to the back of the store, then, when asked if we can help them find something, they say, disappointedly, "what, you don't sell spirits?"
                        No, we don't sell spirits. But your local medium has some for 50% off!
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I wonder how many people walk into Johnny Cupcakes and ask if they sell cupcakes?

Johnny Cupcakes is a clothing store.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            I wonder how many people walk into Johnny Cupcakes and ask if they sell cupcakes?
                            Probably most of them. Some may be joking, but I bet the employees have had it up to there with that joke.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Wonder how many people wandered into an Apple store, asking if they sold actual apples!
                              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                              X