Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in several large chain stores recently, (as in, right before Thanksgiving) and noticed something strange yet amazing... No music! None at ALL! It was heaven. I think it threw people off, because the huddled masses were nearly silent. Glassy eyed zombies hunched over their shopping lists. Oh, I wish the music would never go back on...
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Thankfully, I don't have to hear any music at my job but I did go into a store was upset with how loud they had the music, especially because they never have music up that high any other time of the year. Please, turn it down. Not everyone wants christmas "cheer" blasted in their face while running errands.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

I have been asked to turn onthe Xmas music that is piped over the PA tomorrow, I'm tempted to ask my coworkers how much they will pay me to forget

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
          (The Store Directives say music must be played at L7 on the Store PA system, and damnit! We're playing it at L7 even if that means the speakers blow out and you can hear it all the way down to the WalMart at the other end of the mall complex.)
          I can endorse L7 music on the PA.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Back when I worked at the Aide of Right the music suddenly started blasting. My guess is that some song came on that the guy in the office liked, and he cranked it up. I picked up the intercom and holler at them "Turn it down! This is a store, not a discotheque!" He turned it down.

Also last week when I was at the Blue and Yellow Furniture, they switched to the Xmas music right while I was there in the store. Wasn't even Thanksgiving yet. I left them a polite note about it on the computer by the exit where you are supposed to leave comments about your shopping experience. I wasn't the only one annoyed either, it seems, because when it started singing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow", and I snarled at it "Shaddup Frankie, you're not the one who has to shovel it!" I got grins and thumbs-up from the customers around me...

Comment

As a non-Christian, I really do not like Xmas music OR muzak. But as I am seriously outnumbered, I also doubt that it will ever end. So (every year it seems I have to buy a new pair every year) I shop with earbuds in, and my phone pulling in gdradio.net. While everyone else is hearing how wonderful it is that God has a birthday, I'm groovin' to the Dead.
              Last edited by Dave1982; 12-04-2014, 01:19 PM. Reason: removed fratching comment
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

There's a game store that I used to visit regularly that had pop/techno renditions of various Christmas songs. I wound up praising the owner (since they're franchised and have more control over the store as a result) and he stated that one of his workers snuck in about 8 different versions of "last Christmas" into the mix.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  There's a game store that I used to visit regularly that had pop/techno renditions of various Christmas songs. I wound up praising the owner (since they're franchised and have more control over the store as a result) and he stated that one of his workers snuck in about 8 different versions of "last Christmas" into the mix.
                  One of my first Christmas album purchases was Joseph Byrd's A Christmas Yet To Come. He plays Christmas music on a Moog Synthesizer.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

One that I can't find anywhere anymore is Ray Stevens "I won't be home for Christmas". It just vanished!
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

OP here...I'm not usually a shouty sort of person, and I didn't yell at the manager...I just called out to the other customers.They were the ones who yelled at the manager, but probably because the music was so LOUD that they wanted to be sure that she heard them.

I'm pretty sure that the workers were happy that they didn't have that music blasting their eardrums out for their entire shift. I get hugs and happy smiles when I turn off those stupid anamated singing things. Some day, I'm going to go totally nutz and toss them at the windows and then stomp them. I'll bet nobody would see a thing
                      Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 12-02-2014, 02:00 AM. Reason: spelling isn't my strong point

Comment

Reminds me of when a clearly upset parent took a screaming kid through my line. I was all, "Go ahead, I didn't see anything."
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I was told I could listen to the radio at a reasonable level from 9 to 11

Quoth shanarocks View Post
                          Thankfully, I don't have to hear any music at my job but I did go into a store was upset with how loud they had the music, especially because they never have music up that high any other time of the year. Please, turn it down. Not everyone wants christmas "cheer" blasted in their face while running errands.
                          The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            One that I can't find anywhere anymore is Ray Stevens "I won't be home for Christmas". It just vanished!
                            I love Ray Stevens. I love Mississippi Squirrel Revival

God bless squirrels.
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I'm with Slave-when the manager said 'everyone else here is happy with it',then she was perfectly entitled to ask them 'Well are you?'Amazing how sometimes 'we've had no complaints' is actually 'everyone here wants to complain,but is too shy'

As for Christmas music,may I offer Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero? Death and destruction all around,but with a cheerful Christmas sound...
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                                I found it on myspace & spotify...
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X