Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Old 08-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Store Manager

I went for a checkup yesterday. The doctor who performed the surgery examined me, did an ultrasound, and said everything is fine, and that I've healed.

He did recommend that I take it easy, still, and that I avoid exercises that work out the abdominal muscles too much. He also told me that lifting weights is not a good idea. As if I do that now!

So, all looks well.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:17 AM
Me

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good healing.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Purgatory escapee

Quote:
Quoth Eireann View Post
<snip>

I haven't needed painkillers, so I haven't taken any. Even just after surgery, when the pain was at its height, it was SO much more bearable than cramps ever were!
<snip>
I also had endometriosis and intra-uterine adhesions, and THIS right here was the #1 most wonderful thing for the entire ordeal for me. I remember being asked to "grade" my pain on a scale of 1-10 when in recovery, and when I replied "3" - the nurse couldn't believe me but when I told her that my pain BEFORE the surgery on the 1 to 10 scale had been a 25, what I was experiencing post surgery was nothing but blissful relief!

Hope most of your healing is done and you feel loads better!

Old 09-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Purgatory escapee

Quote:
Quoth Eireann View Post
I asked my gynecologist why I couldn't have had the surgery earlier.

"You were too young," he said.

So I was too young to be treated for a condition that caused the loss of at least one job, countless other job opportunities, horrible bleeding, horrendous pain, and godawful mood swings. But I wasn't too young to be saddled with a pregnancy on top of that condition, one that could have led to permanent physical problems.

Right.
I had the same conversation with my GP in my 20's. I KNEW I didn't want children, and I wanted the constant pain to go away. I had to wait until I was in my 30's, anemic and bleeding 27 days straight to get them to say "Yeah, you really DO need this surgery."

Old 09-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Store Manager

God, it's been awful. When I was coming out of surgery, I felt like shit. I threw up twice, because I'd been under the anesthetic for so long. I had tubes coming out of me in four different places. Throwing up caused pain in all the incisions. I couldn't sit up, let alone stand.

And I looked up at the ceiling and whispered, "It was worth it."

DeltaSierra, my post-op pain was somewhere around 1.5. Cramps always debilitated me. I could NOT function. I could barely talk. Surgery? So much more bearable.

Latest news, the gynecologist told me that not only did I have endometriosis, I ALSO had adenomyosis. For those of you who don't know, that's when endometrial cells migrate into the muscles of the uterus.

Something tells me my endometrium just didn't want to stay in place. And each condition can only be diagnosed through surgery.

This should have been done when I was, oh, about twenty.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 AM
RVT

Well, at least you got it done now! How much pain you COULD have avoided... Dammit.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:10 AM
Me

Oh the first few days were hell. The pain, and the frustration. I needed help even moving. Didn't go to the bathroom for like 2 days. But yeah, it was worth it. Totally worth it. I feel better now than I had in years.

Everything will be so much better.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Store Manager

Yeah, miserable enough as the hospital was, it was better than having cramps. I was on a catheter for three days, and then the nurses all wanted to know about my bowel movements. That's the first time since I was toilet trained that anyone's shown me that kind of interest.

I'm still getting used to being uterus-free. It's been less than two months. Maybe in six months, it'll really start to hit me that I don't have to worry about any of that shit ever again.

Wow.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Me

You'll start to feel alot better soon. I lost 12 lbs immediately after it was removed. Gained it back though. Then lost 20 after I had all my teeth pulled a month a half ago, so go figure (dentures SUCK btw. I'm too young for this crap). It hasn't been long for you yet though. Eventually it will just be normal.