This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Except I don't know who they think they're impressing.
    I just assume that only the local pickpockets/shoplifters care...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Show-offs, mostly.
      As someone who used to keep way too much money in their wallet, I can confirm this is true.
      Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Who in hell wanders around with $100 bills in their wallet?!
        *raises hand* I have before, but in my defense I used one for a high priced item or a large purchase of $50 or more. Not some $2 item that I can charge on my card for. Then again, I haven't had the "pleasure" of having a hundred on me, in cash anyways.

When I used to cashier at the Warehouse, customers would come in all the time with large bills and expect me to break them right when I first came in -- or want that much back in cash. Granted at 2 in the afternoon I'd cut them some slack since they didn't know what I had in my till, but on the rare time I had been in at 7am [when getting in at 7am was a rare treat]? Yea, no.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

A lot of the construction-type folk around here get paid in cash, mostly $50/$100. Which is fine. Until they come in to get a pack of cigarettes and get pissy when we say we don't have the change.

Although I did love the people who tried to pay me with $100 for a $3 game at the theme park. We couldn't say no unless we physically couldn't change it, but when you explain that their change will be entirely in singles, it's amazing how many suddenly can find smaller bills. (On the other hand, there was the night that my first three guests handed me two $100s and a fifty. Needed change in the first ten minutes.)
          NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

The only time I've ever handed anybody a hundred dollar bill for a purchase I was buying a car . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              The only time I've ever handed anybody a hundred dollar bill for a purchase I was buying a car . . .
              A car for $100? Bargain!

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                A car for $100? Bargain!
                Assuming it's NOT a Yugo.... I doubt they were worth $100 when they were new....

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                  Assuming it's NOT a Yugo.... I doubt they were worth $100 when they were new....
                  Customer: I want four tyres for my Yugo.
                  Salesman: Sounds like a fair swap to me.

(Boom tish)

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                    I did that once, walked in with $20 000 in cash split between both BDU leg pockets. Place had a habit of selling cars to military by 'bargaining down' but really slamming them on the interest because they did the financing themself. If you didn't have to consider the interest on the loan, the prices were probably 10% lower than normal car deals. SO I did the bargain and inquire about a loan thing so I got the price as low as I could get it, then when we wrote the contract for the sale I got the price locked in, then he whipped out the loan form and I whipped out the cash and told him I decided I didn't want a loan *evil giggle* Sucked to be him =)
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      I did that once, . . . and I whipped out the cash and told him I decided I didn't want a loan *evil giggle* Sucked to be him =)
                      That is wonderfully delicious karma!
                      Last edited by EricKei; 09-29-2017, 10:53 PM. Reason: *snip*
                      Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

I was putting the down payment on my dream car; had two thousand in hundreds in the breast pocket of my little blue business suit.

Man, I thought I was hot sh*t back then.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                          I was putting the down payment on my dream car; had two thousand in hundreds in the breast pocket of my little blue business suit.

Man, I thought I was hot sh*t back then.
                          I probably wouldn't be able to trust myself not to go up onto a balcony and "make it rain" if I had that sort of cash on hand.
                          Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            Who in hell wanders around with $100 bills in their wallet?!
                            Well in my area there are a couple of reasons
                            1. check cashing places or banks
                            2. drug dealers
                            3. assholes who think they are impressing me with their BIG wad of large bills
                            4. Those who deal with "cash only " types of legit businesses

Yeah I get #1 someone can't get/open a bank account and only deals with cash after cashing your physical paycheck.. Yes been there done that BUT I limited the number of $100 and $50 bills I got even when cashing a $2000 paycheck (long story and reasons) and I did NOT try and palm off my large bills to delivery drivers and places where change might be a problem

#2 3 4 whatever

Unfortuneately one of the delivery drivers at my store regularly walks around with a wallet full of $20s $50s and $100s
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              3. assholes who think they are impressing me with their BIG wad of large bills
                              There is NOTHING more stupid that people who flash a wallet crammed full of hundreds around conspicuously, especially at a convenience store filled with people who would gladly gut their grandmother for that money.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                                Customer: I want four tyres for my Yugo.
                                Four tires is quite a bit of money. The version I always heard was:

"I would like a gas cap for my Yugo."
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X