Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The therapist is the manager's wife. I see her Tuesday. This ought to be all kinds of fun.
    That statement brought up red flags for me! Please make sure that your therapist HAS NOT violated HIPPA. I am saying that because you mentioned that your manager has wanted to fire you for some time and it makes me think that your therapist may have told her husband, your manager, about your therapy sessions. I think this because he does not seem to have just cause to fire you, just some off the cuff stuff. It surely makes one wonder what is said when they are at home and whether or not she violated client and doctor privileges.
    Last edited by EricKei; 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
      The therapist is the manager's wife. I see her Tuesday. This ought to be all kinds of fun.
      That statement brought up red flags for me! Please make sure that your therapist HAS NOT violated HIPPA. I am saying that because you mentioned that your manager has wanted to fire you for some time and it makes me think that your therapist may have told her husband, your manager, about your therapy sessions. I think this because he does not seem to have just cause to fire you, just some off the cuff stuff. It surely makes one wonder what is said when they are at home and whether or not she violated client and doctor privileges.
      Even if there is no HIPAA violation, it is unethical for her to see you. She has an inherent conflict of interest. She never should have seen you in the first place knowing her husband was your manager. She certainly should not continue to see you now. She should end the therapeutic relationship, but if she doesn't you should.
      Last edited by EricKei; 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

What part of NC do you work in? We're looking for desk staff.

Comment

that therapist should have stopped seeing you immediately, it was a direct conflict of interest, and there is without a doubt that your name came up in conversation.

Comment

That really sucks. I'm glad you're out of there, as it didn't seem to be a place you liked, but no income bites hairy donkey balls.

Hubby and I have been there. Here's a few tips.

First, go talk to your area's legal aid department. You can contact them through your county or parish's department of human services. You need to find out if what your employer did was legal and what you can do to fight it if it wasn't.

File for unemployment ASAP.

Apply for food stamps (SNAP). You'll be given an appointment to review your file. At said appointment, if you have under a certain amount in your bank account, they give you a debit card with food money on it right away.

Look into food pantries in your area. Call Feeding America or Hunger Free America or go to their websites and they'll help you find food banks.

Consider doing some work from home stuff. Other people on here recommended usertesting.com, and if you can write (which we know you can) you can make money writing online articles for blogs. Interact Media by Zerys connects you with companies that need blog content. These can let you get some income coming in right away while you job hunt.

There are probably a lot of services in your area you don't know about. NeedHelpPayingBills.com has lists you can look at.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Well, it's been three weeks and I find that my rage over the incident is burning as brightly as ever. I've applied for unemployment and told everybody I know who might have connections, but so far the only potential leads are in fields I'd really rather get away from -- such as hospitality. I'm trying to bump my hours at my other job up to fill the gap but so far there just aren't enough. I asked a friend who owns a cleaning business if he needs anyone, but no dice.

Meanwhile, I hate, hate, hate that horrible woman who fired me. Maybe it's because as I've gone through my social work education, the idea of injustice offends me on a visceral level, and what was done to me was unjust. Maybe it's because it seemed as though the firing was a personal judgment, and I was judged and found lacking. Maybe it's because I'm offended that I was fired because I no longer possess the capacity to care about the stupid and trivial little problems that define a Diamond Member's life and which have them howling and demanding the 100% Guarantee (no need for euphemisms anymore, eh?).

Show me a picture of a ten-year-old boy in his underwear, gagged and hogtied on a bed, waiting to be sexually exploited, and let me look into eyes that show he's already dead inside, and I care. I've seen that. Show me a moron who can't figure out how to work their curtains, who finds a hair on a towel, or who finds a spider in their bathroom and captures it in a cup so they can haul it down to the front desk to throw it at me -- I don't care anymore. And yet, I was judged and fired because my priorities are apparently askew.

The result of all of this? I feel a rage that trembles on the edge of wrath. I want that godforsaken pile of a building torn brick from brick and block from block. I want the plagues of Egypt to hit the managers. I want the wailing of orphans and the lamentations of womenfolk. I want that fat-assed bitch who fired me to end up paralyzed from the neck down.

I realize this is all way out of proportion to what was done to me, but nevertheless as time passes I'm finding that I'm not mellowing out in the slightest toward that crew of backstabbing idiots. I want them all to hurt exponentially worse than I am, and for their doom to come about however it needs.

This is not healthy and I realize that, so I guess what I'm curious about is this: When will my priorities readjust to the point that I'll feel mild distaste for the hotel and everyone who works there, rather than the constant hope that I'll turn on the news to hear that somebody bombed the place -- and that there were casualties?

Lastly, let me share something with you all. I especially hated one of the assistant managers because he's a smarmy fat fuck. I hear you ask what I mean by "smarmy."

This is what I mean. See that grinning shitstain in the logo? If that's not him, that's his twin. Now imagine that stupid grin and a shrug as your answer whenever you have a question, a concern, or need assistance of any kind. That, my friends, is smarmy.
              Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 08-03-2015, 03:45 AM.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

World needs less smarmy and more shawarma.
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

We stayed at a hotel on our way to FL last weekend. I found 2 earwigs in the bathroom. Did I put them in a cup to go throw at someone who had no control over them being there. NO! I just flushed them down the toilet. Oh, and about putting them in a cup - I'd be afraid of them crawling out on the way to the front desk. Those little buggers are sneaky that way.
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                    This is not healthy and I realize that, so I guess what I'm curious about is this: When will my priorities readjust to the point that I'll feel mild distaste for the hotel and everyone who works there, rather than the constant hope that I'll turn on the news to hear that somebody bombed the place -- and that there were casualties?
                    When enough time has passed, when you've vented sufficiently to reduce the pressure, and when life generally improves. I promise. Vent away.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      You know, that story sounds highly suspicious to me. It sounds like your manager was looking for a reason to sack you, and hit on this "complaint" from a "guest" to back up what she wanted to do anyway. Like a typical manager, she has no idea what time of day you actually do a task, nor how long it takes to do the task.
                      Or too fucking lazy to look/see/hear/read both sides of a story.
                      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Sorry you're still hurting Antisoscial. I don't know if it will help, but try thinking about it this way: if you remain angry, you're allowing your former boss to continue influencing your life. You're giving that person power over you. If nothing else,that kind of anger affects your health. It gives you headaches, backaches, stomach problems, exc exc.

One thing you may try is a "feel better letter." Basically you write out all the things you want to say to whoever hurt you. Then you write the response you'd like from that person. You want them to grovel and beg your forgiveness? Write that. You probably won't get a satisfying apology from arseholes (at least not in this life), but you an provide the experience (and the release) for yourself.

It could also help to go online and do some personality profiles. See if you can find an "entry career" job suggestion for someone who wants to be a social worker. Something that would put you in an area where you'll get to use your talents and help people with less petty problems than the fact they can't figure out how to use a roll shade curtain.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

The result of all of this? I feel a rage that trembles on the edge of wrath. I want that godforsaken pile of a building torn brick from brick and block from block. I want the plagues of Egypt to hit the managers. I want the wailing of orphans and the lamentations of womenfolk. I want that fat-assed bitch who fired me to end up paralyzed from the neck down.
                          So you want to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women?
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            So you want to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women?
                            Yes to the first and last, but as to whether I'd like to see them driven before me, that depends... Am I visiting a cliff or the beach? Then yes, I'd love to see them driven before me, off the edge or deep, deep, deep into the water.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

... Am I visiting a cliff or the beach? ...
                              Lady or Tiger?
                              Vulture or Shark?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                But the best things in life are "hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper".
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X