This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bulbs

So I knew yesterday May 8th was going to be a tough day with all 120 pallets coming in as fast they can bring them in. I don't mind that at all, because I like the challenge of trying to get them all up in a short five hours and fifteen minutes. At the end of the night there where only twenty pallets left, not to bad considering that we have to help customers while we throw the freight up.

For the past week I have been covering a department I really don't know much about. Except light bulbs and ceiling fans. Well anyways this family meanders their way into the isle to look at light bulbs and has a heated discussion about which ones they want. Eventually they went with the florescent spirals to save some extra money for ho-ho's or something.

I digress, I was stocking the light bulbs when out of the corner of my eye I catch one of them flinging something the size of a baby around in the air. I look up to see what it was and I was glad to see it was a doll used for parenting class, you know the kind that reacts to what you do or don't do to it. As I started to return my attention to the task at hand I notice that they got real quite as if they left the isle.

I turned to retrieve another box of lights and I noticed the daughter, who was no light weight sitting on my boxed of florescent tubes which I needed to put up. Obviously all the printed signs saying fragile were not clearly visible for her to see through her thick soda bottle type glasses she was wearing. I walked up to her and asked her politely not to sit on the light bulbs because they may break.

I guess my asking her not to sit on the light bulbs was a mistake, her ignorant father told her that she could sit anywhere she wished despite what I said. I gave her a stern look as if to say not to sit on the boxes again, what else could I do to stop her. I eventually called the assistant manager who came over and told them if she broke them they would have to pay for them.

What possesses people to do these idiotic things? Why can't they just do what they are told? Why does it have to be taken as some kind of slur if your fat, or skinny or anything?
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~~ Thomas Edison

It's because you were telling them how to raise their kids, duh!

Comment

Lightbulbs nothing, try cakes.
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        It's because you were telling them how to raise their kids, duh!
        Oh yeah. People hate that.

You can't say shit even if their stupid kid is wrecking thousands of dollars of other people's things.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

That's why rather than comment on their child rearing "cabailities" I comment on someone else's child who is acting like a civilized human being, loudly enough for the first "Parent/s" to hear.

And if they take offense...

I'm sorry, I was talking about people in general, do you wish to be inserted into this group? Cause I certainly wasn't putting you in it. Though your kid IS chewing on the %(*%*% pool noodles, and running around screaming, I'm certain your ability to be parents consist of more than the ability to keep them alive (In most cases), and to create them.
          I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
          In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I guess my asking her not to sit on the light bulbs was a mistake, her ignorant father told her that she could sit anywhere she wished despite what I said. I gave her a stern look as if to say not to sit on the boxes again, what else could I do to stop her. I eventually called the assistant manager who came over and told them if she broke them they would have to pay for them.
            "Oh, okay, sorry for yelling at your daughter"

And then, with any luck, the boxes give, the light bulbs shatter, and it's off to the emergency room to pick all the little pieces of glass out of her ass.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
              Oh yeah. People hate that.

You can't say shit even if their stupid kid is wrecking thousands of dollars of other people's things.
              Seconded. I once yelled at some brats for THROWING GARBAGE AROUND in our parking lot, and their mom came to come bitch me out for it.
              Check out my cosplay social group!
              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                Seconded. I once yelled at some brats for THROWING GARBAGE AROUND in our parking lot, and their mom came to come bitch me out for it.
                My wife was once yelled at for trying to get a kid to not hold our daughter underwater at a beach.

Comment

Since fluorescent lights contain mercury, if they break mercury vapor gets released into the air. It can cost thousand of dollars to clean up, depending on the scope.

Comment

And then, with any luck, the boxes give, the light bulbs shatter, and it's off to the emergency room to pick all the little pieces of glass out of her ass.
                    That would've been ideal. Karma in action.

Since fluorescent lights contain mercury, if they break mercury vapor gets released into the air. It can cost thousand of dollars to clean up, depending on the scope.
                    Perhaps after receiving the bill for the clean up, the stupid girl and her father might learn about Things That Can Break.

"You AND your kids can leave now, lady. If you don't, I'm calling the police."
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                    X