This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obnoxious car horn

So, has anyone ever heard one of those custom car horns that, instead of your usual car horn sound, plays some sound chosen by the user? (Let's hope that's not a trend that catches on!)

Today, walking downtown, I witnessed a near collision, after which one of the cars emitted this sound:

MOVE IT, ASSHOLE! GOD, WHAT A FUCKIN' RETARD!

Part of me was horrified at the rudeness of it all, and part of me wanted to get one for my car!
    "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
    "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
    --Dilbert

Quoth freaktard View Post
    Part of me was horrified at the rudeness of it all, and part of me wanted to get one for my car!
    QFT

Okay, now to go Google that little gem..... I found horns that will play mp3s... maybe that'll work.......
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Remember Mr. Microphone?

I had a friend in hs that had one.

What goes around comes around.
      What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

Not a good idea to me. Who wants to bet the people most likely to have their car horns modified like that would also be the most entitled, reckless, road-ragey, the-best-defense-is-a-good-offense drivers?

I mean, it would save wear and tear on their vocal cords.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I agree with Irv. The people most likely to use those things are the ones who are running red lights and stop signs. Isn't there enough unpleasantness already without this?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Not a good idea to me. Who wants to bet the people most likely to have their car horns modified like that would also be the most entitled, reckless, road-ragey, the-best-defense-is-a-good-offense drivers?

I mean, it would save wear and tear on their vocal cords.
            Yeah.... there's a big difference though, between obnoxious novelty horns, and a nice, manly train horn.

Comment

And in some places that is probably illegal too.

Comment

I want the Freak Brothers horn!

(Truckload of live hogs, locking up its brakes at 90 MPH)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

With such a recordable horn, my dream of owning a moogle car would be one step closer to reality.

Comment

These things have been around since the 70's, at least. I'm not sure why they wax and wane, though my best guess as to why they don't stick around is because if a car horn didn't sound like a car horn, nobody reacts to it like they should.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I always wanted to get a VW Bug, and install an air horn from a semi truck. No one would ever expect it.
                      Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                      Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Honestly, I could never get one of these. Because there are so many things I'd use....OH!
                        OH!
                        OH!
                        NAVI!

"HEY! LISTEN!"

Of course I'd be run off the road within an hour.
                        *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                          I always wanted to get a VW Bug, and install an air horn from a semi truck. No one would ever expect it.
                          I once put a diesel horn in a Volvo station wagon. It got noticed, especially the one time my wife honked at someone while leaving a parking garage (a closed-in, tunnel-like space).
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X